Chapter 5: Infiltration

Hibiki: Yusaku this better be important.

Yusaku (call): I beat Ghost Gal, I have the entry code. Meet me at the truck so we can discuss what to do next.

Hibiki: Huh, I'll be right there. 

He walked from the hospital and as he reached the food truck he was pulled in by Shoichi, who shut the door behind him.

Shoichi: We're going to enter the mainframe tomorrow, are you in or not?

Hibiki: Yes, I am. I'm still helping you guys out so I'll accompany you until this is done.

Yusaku: Good, I have a feeling we will need all the help we can get.

Hibiki: Look Yusaku, if we're doing this then I need to know something. What are you going to do once you have those memories back?

Yusaku: Continue to go after the Hanoi. The plan hasn't changed.

Hibiki: I see, then there's no point in trying to talk you out of it. Let's get this over with. Oh?

He picked up his phone and took the call.

Hibiki: Hello?

Aoi: Hibiki, I need talk to you in person. Log into VRAINS. ASAP.

Hibiki: Oh hey Aoi, nice to hear from you seeing as you pretty much vanished after the whole virus thing. I'll see you there.

He hung up and nodded at Playmaker.

Hibiki: Just keep me posted, this shouldn't take long.

He entered their login chamber and activated the duel disk in his back, which he slid onto his wrist.

Hibiki: Into the vrains!

He dropped into a cityscape and saw a small yellow butterfly land on his shoulder.

Hibiki: Aoi?

Aoi: Sorry I can't be there in person. Akira and Emma are planning to use Playmaker as a trojan horse to get into the vault, I'm going to try help Playmaker get in and I want to ask you to help me.

Hibiki: Alright, I can help you. I'll be ready to link in when you are.

Shoichi (comms): Meet us at the database if you can, I'm sure you can manage.

Hibiki: Thanks Shoichi, I'll be locked onto your signal.

=Time Skip=

Hibiki found the entry point Shoichi had given him and saw the butterfly that was Aoi flying down, touching the ground and in a swirl of feathers, transformed into Blue Angel.

Hibiki: So, you ready to do this?

Aoi: I'm ready.

The two enter the mainframe and using a device Shoichi made, avoided the security systems until they felt a strong flow of data in front of the pair.

Aoi: A data storm? Here?

Hibiki: Well, it's an effective defence. I'll...

He trailed off and looked in a direction where his gaze met only darkness.

Aoi: Hibiki? There's nothing there.

Hibiki: I'm sure I saw something. Like an eye of some kind, go on ahead without me, I'll catch up.

Aoi: You sure?

Hibiki: It's only a data storm, what's there to worry about?

Aoi: Alright, but you better catch up.