Chapter 4: Secrets.

The next morning when Hibiki woke up his body still ached from his loss against Playmaker, he slowly lifted his head to hear a knock at his door. Slowly he shifted out of bed and walked over, opening the door to see Akira and Aoi stood outside.

Hibiki: Good morning. Aoi you're okay, that's great to see.

Aoi: Good morning Hibiki, may we come in?

Hibiki: I don't see why not.

The three enter his apartment and sit down on a couch in the main room. Aoi notices Hibiki's state and comments on it.

Hibiki: Ah, well when I learned that the leader of the Hanoi was responsible for putting you in the hospital I may have slightly over-reacted. I went into VRAINS and tried to get some info on an antivirus but I ran into some Hanoi agent called Spectre and I was forced to duel him. He won but before he could do anything playmaker apparently beat the leader and his other subordinate so he had to leave.

Aoi: Yes, he did.

Akira: We wanted to thank Playmaker for his actions and we know you were part of the lost incident same as him and we were wondering if you had any contact with him.

Hibiki: Not a word, I only met him once and all I got was a name. Aoi was there when we did.

Aoi: He was, but I also want thank you for coming to make sure I was okay.

Hibiki: You're welcome, Though I didn't come for that. I came because I was worried, you'd disappeared and I only saw the reason on my way there and worked the rest out myself.

Akira: Well, that was all we came to do. Goodbye, come on Aoi.

Aoi: I'll catch up. I've got one more thing I need to say.

Akira: Fine, I'll be outside.

Hibiki: What is it Aoi? You seem to be getting a bit worked up over it so I assume it's serious.

Aoi: I have a question for you about the lost incident.

Hibiki: Oh, ask away but I can't guarantee I can help you with it.

Aoi: In your time there did you have any contact with the other victims? A good friend of mine, a girl named Miyu, was involved ten years ago and I know you've been working on finding the others from Emma.

Hibiki: Erm... Aoi... I... I'm sorry, but I did have contact with someone but they weren't a girl. I can't help you, whoever Miyu was before or after the incident she's completely gone off the grid. I'll look at my notes but I can't help you.

Aoi: I understand, I'm sorry if it brought up any painful memories on your part.

Hibiki: You don't need to apologise, the time ten years ago left a lot of memories for a lot of people and I have made peace with mine.

The girl walked out of the door and Hibiki thought back to the blank room.

-Hibiki pov-

~Flashback to lost incident~

I had just lost another duel, the electric current made me scream in pain as it shocked through my body. In the following silence that always came I rested my head on one of the walls of my cell and started to cry in silence. I stayed that way until I heard a quiet whimpering from the other side of the wall. I bashed on it loudly and heard a shuffling sound.

"Hello? Is someone there, please tell me if you are."

From the other side I heard a voice filled with fear and sadness.