Chapter 15: Ignis.

(Rags pov)

I entered vrains and looked around, apparently Earth's signal had come from this area but it was empty.

"Aqua, I don't see anyone here." I said as the other ignis entered beside me.

Hibiki (through comms): Keep looking, the signal definitely was around here.

Aqua: We will.

Slowly I scanned the area and tried to sense any ignis presence.

Hibiki: Find anything?

"Not a trace. It's like he hasn't gotten here yet."

I ran the scan again, covering the area slowly until I stopped as I saw something.

"Aqua, I think I found him."

The scan highlighted a strange structure, almost like a hidden cavern inside vrains. Cautiously, me and Aqua flew into the structure and stopped with a gasp as we saw the blocky orange ignis in a spherical cage.

Aqua: How did this happen?

"I don't know, be very careful."

Earth: Who is there? Come out.

I nodded before I walked out of a shadow.

Earth: Who are you?

"My name is Rags, I am an ignis like you. We followed your message, and it lead here."

Earth: Who is with you? You are not playmaker.

"No, I'm not. I am the companion of Hibiki Okida, who decrypted your message."

Earth: Hibiki Okida? You are allied with a human.

"That's right, though I'd say we're more of partners."

Earth: I see. And why did you follow my signal?

"Because we need your help finding the one who destroyed the cyberse."

Earth: The light ignis.

"Yes, wait, you know?"

Earth: Get me out of here and I shall explain. I wish to meet this partner of yours.

I nodded and flew up to the bars, they contained a virus designed to slowly destroy code if touched.

'I'll have to be careful then.'

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the bars and started to pull apart, the code slowly inching as the virus started to degrade my hands. Soon, it was wide enough for the blocky ignis to slip through and I let go.

Earth: I thank you Rags. Let us leave this place.

"Yeah, then we can get my hands fixed." I said, holding up my blackened arms.

Me and Earth jumped onto my user and as we left, Aqua jumped onto the ai as well.

Aqua: You found him?

"Yeah, he was in some kind of cage, though I got him out."

Aqua: Your hands, let me see them.

Slowly, I raised them and Aqua took hold of them, a blue bubble surrounding them as they returned to how they were before.

"Wow... Thank you Aqua."

Earth: A-qua?

Aqua: Yes, it is the name I came up with to speak with the humans, since they can't pronounce our ignis ones.

Earth seemed to nod, though I saw him look at me with narrowed eyes for a second as Aqua finished healing me.

Earth: I see.