Chapter 18: Recuperation.

A few days later, Hibiki rested on his couch and placed his laptop on the small table in front, loading up his program and pressing a few keys until a prototype card flashed on screen.

Hibiki: Almost done, soon my new deck will be ready.

Earth: I do not understand, why not use your old mekk-knights?

Hibiki: Against the decks of Bohman and Lightning, it's not powerful enough on it's own. And without my World Legacy or Orcust cards, I'm having to rethink my strategy from scratch, it's a good thing Akira gave me that idea, and you helped with the creation of data.

Earth: Not a problem. Though you and I may not share data, you are my partner.

Hibiki went quiet and nodded, Earth lowering his head in a slow nod.

Earth: I am sorry, I know that was the title that Rags used.

Hibiki: No, it's okay. Thanks for the sentiment though. Even though the group helped soften it, losing him still hurts.

Earth: I did not expect it to be easy straight away. Or any time soon for that matter. But we are companions and I want well for you.

The earth ignis turned away and Hibiki looked at him in confusion.

Hibiki: Earth, what is it? I can tell when people are hiding things from me, comes with keeping the kind of secrets I did.

Earth: In his final moments, Rags sent me a message. I do not know whether showing you that is for the best, but it was addressed to you, Aoi, me and Aqua. I have already sent it to Aqua.

Hibiki: No, I don't think I want to see it. Give it some time.

Earth: A wise decision I believe.

The pair sat together as Earth looked towards Hibiki's duel disc.

Earth: You are still thinking of entering after Go Onizuka.

Hibiki: You really can read me like an open book. I want to Earth, I want to make him pay so badly. But... But I can't stop myself seeing him as he used to be.

Earth: Were you close?

Hibiki: Not really. But he was an icon, his style, his deck, and the way he always made every duel exciting made him a great charisma duelist. It's nothing like what he is now.

Earth: I see. I feel I very much would have liked to meet him back then.

Hibiki: Yeah. And it's because he got involved with the ignis and SOL that he's like this now. I just want to see him back how he was, as well as get revenge for Rags.

Earth: You know revenge will not make you feel better though.

Hibiki: What should I do Earth?

Earth: Take it easy. Your body is still exhausted from grief and your mind, though mending slowly, is not on much better a state.

Suddenly, Earth's eyes flashed and he looked at Hibiki.

Earth: I'm receiving a message from Emma Besho, she wants to meet us by the park. She says it's urgent.

Hibiki: Tell her I'm on my way. Emma barely calls anything urgent unless she means it.

Hibiki got up and walked to the door, hurrying out and running to the park. The woman was leaned against a tree and waved Hibiki over.

Emma: Hey. How have you been doing?

Hibiki: So far? I'm coping, I guess.

Emma: That's great, I just needed to be sure with everything.