Chapter 2: New school.

As Hibiki woke gradually from his restless sleep of the night before he looked at heard a letter slide under his door. He had applied to one of the local schools as a way to meet new people and hopefully find some useful info on any lost incident victims in the city. He checked his phone for notifications and saw that a group chat he was a part of because of a fellow true blue fan had a few new messages.

------

Brave Battler: Heard my school was getting a new student, and that they're a true blue as well. Anyone here have an idea who it could be?

Dryad17 (this is Spectre, I like to think he is a true fan as he says so it makes sense or him to be in the fan club so and his age checks out.): No clue. Good luck to them though whoever they are.

Hibiki began to type his response in the chat.

Lightray is typing...

Lightray: That's me. I hope I can meet everyone over there.

Brave Battler: I'll be waiting, the duel club is after school in the class 3-a. Don't be late, we're all super pumped to meet you.

------

He put his phone down and pulled out his new uniform, putting it on and heading out of the door. He took the bus to the school building and walked through the main hall to where he was told his classroom was located. As he walked in he found that most of the students were already there and the teacher called him to stand at the front.

Teacher: Right everyone I'm sure that rumor has informed you all of the new student joining our class as of today. Treat him as one of us and with respect to him as your peer. I'll let you introduce yourself.

Hibiki: Thanks sir. Hello everyone, my name is Hibiki Okida and I am your new classmate. If you're active in Vrains you may know me as Lightray, an up and coming duelist in the semi-pro league but that's all I got to say about that. I hope we can all get along and that I can get to know you all.

Teacher: Very good, you'll be seated next to Yusaku. Yusaku please raise your hand. Thank you.

Hibiki sits down next to the blue haired boy at the back of the class and after the registration the class began to talk among themselves.

Hibiki: Your duel disk, that's an older model isn't it? Most use virtual cards these days.

Yusaku: Yeah, it is a bit old I guess.

Hibiki: I didn't mean anything by it, I mean mine's the same model, see? Yeah it's old but me and this disk have been through a lot. I'd be lost without it.

Yusaku: Lost huh? I know what you mean. Without my disk I don't know what I'd do. Hey you want to exchange codes? To help chat out of school?

Hibiki: Yeah OK, here's mine.

He takes the boy's code and inputs it into his disk, it was a feature of the older disks before the new models had phased it out slowly to reduce the cost of the product.

=Time Skip=
-Hibiki pov-

The end of the day came around quickly and Yusaku also revealed that it was going to be his first session in the duelling club. Inside a larger boy was talking to a cute brown haired girl who seemed only moderately interested in what he had to say. As he noticed the new members he walked up to us and looked me and Yusaku up and down.

Shima: Well, these are definitely them. I've seen Yusaku around so that means you must be the new guy.

Me: Nice to meet you, I'm Hibiki. And you are?