Chapter 6: Deleted.

At school a few days later, Hibiki was walking along the pavement alone. He was majorly bummed out, the dueling club had been suspended due to the Hanoi activity in VRAINS and Yusaku had disappeared partway through the day to log in as playmaker. Hibiki saw Emma riding over on her bike and sighed to himself.

Hibiki (thoughts): What now?

Emma: Hey Hibiki, you free right now?

Hibiki: Erm, yeah, why?

Emma: Good.

She held out a helmet that he put on, jumping on the bike behind Emma. She rode up to an empty parking lot where she stopped the bike and got off.

Emma: So, haven't seen you in VRAINS for a while. What's up with that?

Hibiki: I just can't bring myself to do it. I look at the screen and all I see is Playmaker and Go Onizuka dueling the Hanoi and being heroes, but I'm not like them. I tried Emma, I tried to do it when I helped playmaker in the SOL tech database but I just ended up leaving before I could even log in.

Emma: Who says you're not? Sure, you've made a few mistakes but that doesn't mean that you can't turn it around.

Hibiki: Mistakes?! A mistake is where you spill some tea or misspelled a word. I teamed up with the knights of Hanoi! The same damn people who are tyrannising VRAINS as we speak! I can't do it Emma, I can't screw it up more than I already have.

Emma: So? Just leave.

Hibiki: It isn't as simple as that! They know who I am Emma, out here. In the real world! How can I just walk out? How?!

Emma: Would you shut up? You may have worked with the Hanoi sure, they may know your second id. But the person I met back in VRAINS wasn't this much of a damn coward! So get off that high horse of yours and get helping people. You're not some Knight of Hanoi, You're Hibiki Okida, the Lightray. At least that's what I thought. Goodbye Hibiki.

She drove off, leaving Hibiki behind.

Hibiki: Emma wait!

She had already gone.

Hibiki: What was I even expecting?

He slumped against a pillar and pulled out his tablet, turning onto the VRAINS stream to see hundreds of AIs like the one he dueled locked in battle with the Hanoi.

Hibiki: Aargh! What is wrong with me?! Even SOL is getting involved and I'm just sat here doing nothing!

He felt a tear roll down his face and rested his head against the stone.

Why can't I do anything?

His disc blipped and he took it from his bag, looking at the message.

Spectre: Your services are required Okida, meet in VRAINS ASAP.

Spectre? What could he be on about...? No, you can't go. I have to.

=Timeskip=

In his apartment Hibiki's mind was in turmoil as he sat on his bean bag with his Hanoi disk on his arm. Arguing for and against going into VRAINS.

Hibiki: In-into the vrains.

He dropped as the Hanoi user and landed beside Spectre.

Hibiki: What is it?

Spectre: May I introduce Baira and Faust, the three of you are going to deal with this pathetic attempt from SOL to shut us down. By the order of Revolver of course.

Faust: This is the duelist? I'll admit he doesn't look that impressive to me.

Baira: So long as he can hold his own.