Bonus Chapter! Chapter 8.5: Romance?

A/N: Prior warning, this chapter is filled with awkward teen romance and my best attempt at writing a date chapter. You have been warned.

Hibiki leaned against the wall of the building with his eyes closed, Rags was back at his apartment and he had informed Akira he was coming over to check on Aoi.

Hibiki (thoughts): It's alright, she knows. I'm just here to see if she is alright from being beat like that.

The elevator door opened and Hibiki looked to the side to see Aoi stood there in a light blue t-shirt and grey jeans.

Aoi: Hey Hibiki, Akira told me that you'd be popping around and I wanted to be ready for you.

Hibiki (blushing): Oh, hey Aoi. You're looking very well.

Aoi: Thanks, so, you want to come inside or just hang out in the lobby?

Hibiki: Erm, yeah. Let's go upstairs.

The teen walked into the elevator with Aoi and she pressed the button for the top floor, the metal room slowly going up.

Aoi: Hibiki, I never got to finish what I was saying earlier. When Spectre defeated me.

Hibiki: Yeah, but don't force it.

Aoi: I was trying to say that I know about your feelings. I heard you outside the hospital when you told Rags.

Hibiki: A-ah. Yeah. Though I guess I kinda confessed as I was holding you.

Aoi: Yeah. And I... I like you too Hibiki.

Hibiki looked at Aoi in shock before giving a nervous laugh.

Hibiki: Wow. I, I wasn't expecting to hear that. I honestly just came to make sure you were alright after what happened and maybe ask you out to dinner some time.

Aoi: Oh. I'm doing alright, thanks for dueling like that for me. I saw the footage and I can't really believe it.

Hibiki: Wait, footage? Like, news cameras?

Aoi nodded and Hibiki let out a sigh.

Hibiki: Well, there goes my whole "quiet kid" persona. Now everyone will just think of me as the guy who xyz summoned using a link monster.

Aoi: I guess. Though you get used to it.

The elevator opened and Aoi walked out into the apartment.

Aoi: Well? Come on. Akira won't be back for around half a hour from work so we have some time to talk.

Hibiki nodded and say down with Aoi at her table.

Hibiki: Well, I'm glad you know. Going through that whole confessing thing again is really nerve-wracking.

The teen laughed.

Hibiki: So, how's things been for you Aoi? I haven't really seen you around school since the whole SOL database thing.

Aoi: Well, Akira has been really protective of me. It was only because of Emma I even got back into VRAINS.

Hibiki: Same with me. I had my reasons for not entering, probably because I was feeling sorry for myself. But she talked some sense into me and I faced Baira.

Aoi: Hm.

Hibiki: Sorry, I kinda brought down the mood there.

Aoi smiled as Akira walked through the elevator door, joining his sister at the table.

Akira: Hello Hibiki.

Hibiki: Hey.

Akira: I witnessed your duel against Spectre, very impressive.