Prologue

Harry Styles was a university student. Nobody really knows what he majored in, to be honest. He just took a bunch of various classes, which under normal circumstances would probably never make sense together but Harry somehow made it work. Weird shit, really. He also managed to do a lot of extracurricular activities, along with all his classes. His friends reckoned that he got more than twenty-four hours in a day, unlike everyone else.

Louis Tomlinson was a university student as well. In his case, people actually know what he majored in. Business studies, to be exact. Louis' stepfather was a pretty successful business man, and he wanted to follow in his footsteps. Of course, being the step-son of a successful businessman meant that Louis was pretty rich. He was pretty down to earth, though. He never spent more than necessary, considering he didn't like using his parents' money. He had a job just like everyone else.

Now, the two of them lived in a frat house. But they weren't in a fraternity or anything. Sounds contradicting, right? The house they lived in basically used to be a frat house. So, the structure of the house was built accordingly. The building was pretty close to their campus, so it was an ideal place to live in. It also had like six bedrooms and three bathrooms. One of the bathrooms was attached to the largest room in the house, and the other two were common bathrooms, one on each of the top two floors. Since the building had three floors in total, it was pretty spacious too. The first floor had the living room and the kitchen and the top two floors had three bedrooms each. 

Other than Harry and Louis, four other people lived in the house. So that included Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Alaska Winters. The six of them were pretty close friends. Mostly so, at least. Before their first semester at the university had started, an introductory orientation program had been conducted. That's exactly where Alaska met Niall, and the two of them immediately became friends. The two of them found the empty frat house which was available to rent and went ahead to move in.

Since they had four rooms to spare, they were on a look-out for other possible roommates and hence, they put up 'Roommate-Needed' ads online. Several people had applied; and why wouldn't they? The frat house was incredible and very convenient. Strangely enough, despite their ads, that's not how they met their other four roommates.

Alaska met Louis in her one of his business studies classes which she took as well. Niall, meanwhile, met Harry in a photography course. Subsequently, Harry introduced Liam to the group, and Louis brought along Zayn from a random parking lot. Zayn turned out to be pretty decent, so that was good.

Every one of them had their own personal bedroom, which was honestly such a relief to all of them. Alaska was the one who occupied the largest bedroom, though. She said that she needed her own personal bathroom, and absolutely refused to share with any guys. It was a fair enough argument, so the others let it slide. 

Once the bedroom-occupation had been settled, the six of them fell into an easy friendship. Well, almost all the six of them. Louis and Harry seemed to hate each other. Pure loathe. Dislike. Mere hatred. All the synonyms for hatred were applicable. Nobody really knew why, though. They had given up on trying to get them to get along back in their second semester of university. They just refused to be able to stand each other.

So, yeah, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson hated each other. Was that a hundred percent true? Probably not. You'll see what I mean.