Fourteen

Louis' POV:

The next week was tough yet easy at the same time. It was pretty long week for me, but when it finally ended it felt way too soon to be over. Is that weird? Probably, but oh well. I had the business studies project submission to do, which went great, by the way. Harry and I spent literally so many hours on it, and it was quite useful. I'm just glad it worked out in the end. 

The professor graded all the projects and returned them a few days later. He gave me quite a good grade too. Wonderful. I can't wait to tell Harry about my grade. I got the returned project today itself, like a few hours ago. So, I haven't had a chance to talk to Harry about it. I literally owe him big time for the help on the project. 

But I'm going to make it up to him, and I know exactly how. Today is the third Friday of the month, which means only one thing. Third Friday Barbeques! We have a tradition; Harry and I. A few months into our relationship, we found this barbeque restaurant which was sort of far away from our house. Thankfully, we'd been there on a third Friday. That's how we found about the Third Friday Barbeques.

So, the restaurant hosts this limited-entry barbeque party sort of things on the third Friday of every month. They have a bonfire and barbeque grills in the backyard, along with tables and chairs. They don't allow a lot of people into the barbeque event at once. And yes, it's an actual event. It goes on for like two hours, and the chefs make the barbeque in front of you and you can go up to them and get food whenever you want. 

When you're not eating, you can socialise with the party-goers or just relax in the corner or something. It's super fun, and we enjoyed it immensely the first time we attended it. It's quite far from our house, like I said. So, we take the bus. It's isn't very pleasant, but the barbeque event is worth it. 

It's practically a tradition. We've never missed attending the event; we go every month, and we've been doing so for like two years now. I've been looking forward to this all week. Like I previously mentioned, my week has sort of been rough. Apart from the business project, I had two tests as well, which had been quite exhausting. But all of that is over now. Tonight is just about getting barbeque and having fun. Oh, I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun.

Later that evening, I was getting kind of anxious when the clock hit seven thirty p.m. and Harry was still nowhere to be seen. We usually leave for the bus stop at seven. The event starts at eight and concludes around ten. But it was already half past seven, and Harry was a no-show. I texted and called him several times, but I didn't get any response. 

Sighing to myself, I finally walked downstairs. Maybe Harry would meet me at the restaurant. We've never missed a month. He won't actually stand me up, right? He can't. Alaska noticed that I was on my way to leave, and stopped me, "Louis, hey! Where are you going?"

I lied easily, "I'm not sure. I just want to be by myself for a while, you know? I'll probably be back in a couple of hours."

Alaska nodded, "I know the feeling. Okay, see you then."

I just waved at her before walking out of the house. I then went ahead to walk to the bus stop. Harry wasn't there either. Maybe he'd be at the restaurant. Although, I don't know why he wouldn't text me to let me know. Maybe his phone died or something. 

I arrived at my destination a little after eight. Ugh, I was already late. Let's hope Harry got here before me and got us a seat or something. I was greeted by Mary as usual, when I entered the restaurant. Mary was this waitress in her 30's who was always in charge of the event. She'd gotten to know me and Harry over all the times we've been here. She knew us by name now.

She smiled at me as soon as she saw me, "Louis! Hey, love. You're a little late today. Oh, and where's Harry?"

I blinked at her, "Harry isn't here?"