Twelve

Louis' POV:

I was ready to have a heart attack by the time Sunday rolled around again. I had missed going to my Business Studies class a few weeks ago because I wasn't really well. I got the notes from someone in my class, though. I thought I was all good. But, no. I just found out that I have a huge Business Studies research project/activity due tomorrow? And it didn't occur to any of my classmates to, I don't know, inform me of this little fact?

I hate my classmates. I hate my major. I hate my class. I hate business. I hate my roommates. I hate Harry. I hate everything. Okay, no, that's not true. I could never hate Harry. Well, I could. You know, because I used to. But like not anymore. My point is, I don't fucking hate Harry. But I do hate everything else. Ugh. Maybe my lovely roommates will help me with my project, just like we did for Zayn. It wasn't even my fault that I didn't know about it! 

Shouldn't the professor like remind us at least a week before the submission date? Nah, that would be too easy, of course. She decided to send a WhatsApp text to the class group chat, instead on Sunday morning. Like, excuse me? Who the fuck does that?

Anyway, it's like nine in the morning, and I just got back to my room from breakfast. And I'm panicking. Oh my god. How will I ever do this huge project by tomorrow? Fuck. First Zayn, and now me. Our college really needs to rethink some of it's rules and stuff. Ugh, why couldn't the professor have reminded me earlier? This is ridiculous. 

I really want to go downstairs and tell everyone about my huge problem, and beg for their help. Really, I do. But almost all of them have different plans, which they can't cancel on. For example, Niall's mother is in town, and Niall and Alaska are going to spend the whole day with her. Alaska has been talking about it non-stop ever since the plans have been made. 

Ali's mother isn't really around anymore, and she's really close to Mrs. Horan. I'm not kidding when I say that Niall and Alaska are practically siblings at this point. Niall is Ali's best friend and vice versa. It's really sweet actually. Anyway, I can't possibly ask either of them to cancel their plans to help me with a project.

Meanwhile, Zayn has a make-up class, and Liam has a long shift at his job. Oh, speaking of jobs, I wonder when mine is going to start again. I don't actually need a job, to be honest; my parents are loaded. But I don't really like using their money. Hence why I have a job at a sports merchandise store. Or at least, I used to. The owner went bankrupt and had to close down his shop a month or so ago. I haven't had a chance to look for another job yet. But it's okay; I have enough savings to last me for a while. I don't really spend money on anything except food, anyway. 

Oh for fuck's sake. I drifted away from my main concerns again. I have a project to do, and all my friends are busy. That leaves Harry. I sincerely hope he isn't too busy. I swear to God, I'll die if he can't help me either. I walked downstairs, trying not to panic. Zayn and Harry were the only ones lounging about in the living room.

Harry was sprawled on the sofa, and Zayn was standing near him, and the two of them were talking about something. Zayn spoke when he saw me, "Oh, hey Lou. I was just leaving. See you sometime in the evening, mate. Or not. I'm gonna go get high after class."

I just nodded in response, completely distracted, as he walked out of the living room and the main door. Harry spoke as soon as the main door shut behind Zayn, "Lou? What's wrong?"

I threw up my hands immediately, "Everything! Everything is wrong, H!"

He stood up and walked over to me, "You're probably exaggerating. What happened?"

I then proceeded to tell him how wrong everything was, and what exactly was the problem. I could clearly hear the panic in my own voice, so it was no surprise that Harry picked up on it too. His jaw dropped comically when I was finally finished explaining, "What the fuck? Louis."

I groaned, "I know! I'm so fucking screwed, aren't I?"

Harry winced, "I mean... Yeah, pretty much."

I let out a sigh of frustration and flopped down onto the sofa. Harry pulled me up by my arms, "What are you doing? Let's go get started on the project already."

I asked as I followed him up to my room, "You're gonna help?"

He sighed, "Of course, I'm going to help you, Louis. For fuck's sake. I'm never letting you live this down, though."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and shoulders from behind him, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He scoffed as he dragged me into my room, "Yeah, yeah. So, what's the project about?"

We took a few seconds to get settled onto my bed with my laptop between us. I explained when I was comfortable, "I basically have to start a made-up business."

Harry blinked at me, "Um? Sorry, what?"

I laughed as I rubbed his knuckles, "We basically have to pretend that we are starting a business and plan it out. Like make budget charts, expenditure, profit charts and things like that."

Harry considered that, "That sounds really interesting. It'll be fun, right?"

I snorted, "Whatever you say, We'll see how much fun you have when you have draw up budget-profit-expense graphs."

He shrugged, "I'd do anything with you, to be honest."

Okay, Harry, I love you, but this is not the time to make me feel feelings, okay? I need to focus on the damn project. I spoke aloud, "H, can you not right now? I love you but like I have to focus on this stupid project, right now."

He bit his lip, "Sorry. Yeah, okay, let's start."

Wait, did I come off as too mean? Maybe I sounded a little pissed. Oh, no, I did not mean to sound upset or anything. I pushed my laptop aside so I could hug Harry, "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I promise. That's really fucking sweet and I don't wanna feel things now, yeah? I love you, though."

Harry grinned and pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth, "I get it. Love you more. So, what kind of business do you want?"

I sighed; I don't really know, to be honest. There are just so many options. I told so to Harry, and we spent five minutes to discuss it. We didn't really wanna do a business which would require us to construct a factory. That would be way out the budget I was provided in the project guidelines. So, we decided on selling little homemade things, like painted mugs, jewellery, keychains etc. Hypothetically, of course. I'm not trying to sell anything in real life.

We spent the rest of the day working on the project. Honestly, Harry is too fucking good to me. Fucking angel. Fuck, I love him so much. Anyway, fortunately, our friends didn't come home until super late at night. So, we had enough to time to finish the project. Everything worked out in the end, and honestly I couldn't even have done one-twenty-eighth of the project without Harry. I'm really fucking lucky, to be honest.

***

A/N

Babies hehe. Help I've been listening to the #1DOnlineConcertStayAtHome listening party- Today is the best day of 2021 tbh. And the best day of 2020 was Louis' concert so true. Anyways, bye bye <3

~Sofia x