Six

Louis' POV:

Time is a very controversial topic. What even is time? Is time even real? Time is just something decided upon and made by humans. And everybody knows that humans suck. So, what if humans decided the parameters and stuff of time as a conspiracy theory? Everything in this universe is related to a conspiracy. Like, you could google conspiracies on iPhones, and you'd probably find thousands of conspiracies about iPhones. So, the concept of time can totally be a conspiracy. Just food for thought; no big deal.

Okay, I'll stop. The point of all of this is that, the next week passed by really fast. Like, I have no idea what even opened. One minute it was Thursday, and I was having a perfectly good time eating my cheesecake with Harry, and then the next moment, it was Thursday once again. Like the week passed by so quickly. What even? It's confirmed; time is not real. It's all an illusion. I'm convinced; nobody can change my mind. 

Anyway, since it was Thursday again, Harry had a relaxed day again. So, you'd expect him to text me tons, right? But nope. He sent me maybe like two texts in the whole day. How rude and inconsiderate of him. And I tried calling him a bunch of times too, but he didn't pick up either. I figured that he probably wouldn't be at home. I mean, he could. He could be at home and be asleep, but I had a feeling that he wasn't.

So, on my way from my last class of the day, I decided to stop at the library. Just in case he was there. And guess what? He was there! My instincts work perfectly when it comes to Harry Styles. Once I checked into the library, I made my way to the upper floor, and to the back corner table specifically. Sure enough, Harry was there, surrounded by stacks of books. Ha. Nerd.

I flopped down onto the chair opposite to him, putting my bag on the spare chair. He jumped violently in his seat; ah, he had been concentrating on his books. He muttered when he saw me, "Jesus Fucking Christ, Louis. Don't scare me like that."

I gave him a sheepish smile, "Sorry, babe."

He sighed before going back to his books, "It's alright."

I spoke accusingly, "You didn't text me at all today. And today is supposed to be your off day."

He sighed as he looked up, "I'm sorry, Lou. I just found out that I have a psychology test tomorrow and the syllabus is huge. I barely know any of it."

I blinked at him, "You take psychology?"

He let out an exasperated sigh, "Yes, Louis. I take psychology."

I started, "Why even do you..."

Harry snapped at me, his eyes hard, "Not now, Louis. I'm sick and tired of you going on about how I take so many unnecessary classes. I know that, okay? I'm trying my best to fucking drop them."

I frowned, "I'm sorry, H. I don't mean to make you feel bad. I'm just worried about you."

All the fight left him with that one sentence, and he sighed, "I know. Ugh. Sorry. I'm just stressed."

I looked around at our surroundings, "Well, if you really want to prepare for tomorrow, why the fuck are you still here? You know you study better in your own room."

He jabbed his fingers at two books, "I need both of these books! And the stupid librarian doesn't let us check out more than one book at a time."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll check out the other one for you then."

His lips formed a pretty little 'o', "Oh. Right. You would do that for me?"

I scoffed as I stood up and got my bag, "Me and you both know that there are very few things I wouldn't do for you, H. Come on, already. What are you waiting for?"