Chapter 6 - Home Run Jobs/VS Dr. Peace

Today's an incredibly boring day as almost none of the bands has come by CiRCLE to practice, so it's just me, Marina and the cafeteria workers here right now.

The entrance bell soon rings, and it was none other than Touko, though I had expected her as she had told me she would accompany me and help me find smaller jobs that I can earn some quick bucks from, which will be needed to pay for the sudden entry fee that got introduced.

Guess I just had a trial period of assassination, and now the real deal begins, me having to pay a shit ton of money to be able to press on with this bullshit to become number one and save my parents.

Heading to the lounge, I sit down with Touko on the comfortable couch, though she soon sits on my lap on the side and hugs me, telling me that this is a much more comfortable seat.

Scrolling on our phones, we both are dead set on finding jobs, which can to many be new that Touko out of all people do this, considering that everyone just see her as this flashy and trendy girl with no care in the world and only goes for the things that will apparently get big, but she is way beyond just that, really...

"Hey, I found something!" she suddenly tells me as she shows me a picture of a building, almost as big as CiRCLE. "This job center is not so far away from where we are, we can probably head there once you are finished for the day-"

"About that!" a familiar voice suddenly says, making me and Touko look to the direction were the voice came from, and turns out it was Marina. "It's so quiet today, so I think I can handle everything here! So go and do what you want to do!"

"Oh, thanks Marina. But I will make sure to work twice as hard next time!" I thank my co-worker as me and Touko get up with her clinging to me while I have an arm wrapped around her waist.

"It's unusual to see so much love from both sides... Usually these kinda situations are so one sided of them with the boy always being so oblivious to the love he gets." Marina ponders to herself, thinking about some manga and novels she used to read when she were younger, while watching the couple soon exit CiRCLE.

As me and Touko walk towards the job center, she shows me the various jobs that I can apply to once there.

"I would want to apply to some jobs as well, but I don't think I have as much time with school and helping my parents already, sooo..!" Touko tells me as she keeps on scrolling. "Some jobs they are offering are very easy though, so I might consider it as well~"

"Take your time, Touko. You at least don't need to pay a ridiculously high entry fee just to kick someone's ass." I tell Touko as she giggles before clinging harder on me, which I return with holding her closer to me.

Soon enough we arrive at the job center and enter, being greeted by a very calm atmosphere as we walk up to the reception desk.

"Well, this is unexpected: teens." the man by the desk says as he taps his fingers. "Hmm, young woman, you look like you are in the Kirigaya family."

"E-eh, how did you figure that out?" Touko asks the man, surprised that he even would know.

"Your family is first class people after all, doing kimonos that are bought by many. I see them around quite often." he says before he turns to me. "You however appear to be a third classer, young man."

"Well, yeah, my parents don't have their own shop or anything. Besides, they are being held hostage as we speak, so yeah." I tell him straight up as I shrug my shoulders.

However, after I say that, he looks at me almost wide eyed, as if he realized something with what I said.

"I see what you are here for then..." he suddenly says as he hands me a checkboard listing up some jobs that... gives shit ton of money?!