Chapter 7 - Bang for the Buck

A few days after I had defeated Dr. Peace, it was just my normal life once again, which is relaxing really.

I also take and keep on doing other sidejobs besides just CiRCLE, both to have some saved for the eventual next entry fee, but also so I can set aside some for stuff me and Touko can do.

I were just too tempted from hearing that old bag get so much good shit from my own money, so it's only fair I can do good shit together with my girlfriend as well.

As I make my way home from being at CiRCLE today, I remembered that I were running out of bread at home, so better to swing by the bakery run by Saaya's parents.

She has been nice after all and given a lot of us coupon cards that we can use to get a certain amount of buns for lower price.

As soon as I arrive and enter, I can see that Saaya is full up with helping at the desk, putting up newly baked buns and pasteries.

"Sup, Saaya, hope I'm not disturbing!" I greet the drummer as she looks up, smiling upon seeing a familiar face.

"Hey Stephan. I assume you are here for some bread?" she asks me as I nod and begin pointing and telling her which ones I want.

"Using the coupon you give us all, better to have a bang for my buck than lose it all. Not saying your family sells it for a high price or anything." I tell her as she just let's out a giggle and puts the buns and pasteries I wanted in a bag.

I pay for it and get handed the bag, but for some reason... Saaya blushes?

"Saaya, why blush? You know that I'm taken right?" I bluntly say, as that's, well, the truth. I am in love with Touko Kirigaya and no one else.

"Ahaha, I know that, I just..." Saaya says before hesitating a little. "Feel hot from the temperature in here!"

Did... she just do a reverse on that trope..?

"Saaya, I am far from dense-"

"It's the truth-!"

"Is it though~?"

Both me and Saaya flinch a little at the one suddenly talking, which turns out to be Moca. She must've sneaked in while me and Saaya were talking, just to not disturb us too much.

"I am pretty sure I've seen Saaya thrown a few glances at Stephan from time to time..." Moca says as she seems to think, but I feel that this definitely turned awkward.

"Saaya, again, that's kinda wrong, seeing as I am already taken-"

"I-I know that, it's just Moca messing here with us-"

"Me? Messing? Oh no, the great Moca does not mess with people~" Moca says in her defense, smiling an innocent smile.

"Well, I'll be on my way. Will see you girls around!" I tell the two as I exit, not really wanting to be around more.

I mean, I guess it is flattering to know others check me out as well, but I have a girlfriend, for heaven's sake! I refuse to be in any sort of harem, I only need Touko in my life and world.

As I continue homewards, two older women tried harassing me, but I avoided them no problem. Even if I would have my beam katana on me, I would not go for killing them unless they actually would go for doing any nasty stuff, which they luckily didn't.

But it's not until I almost reach the apartment complex that I meet a guy, seemingly in my age, sitting on a bench and weeping like crazy.

I might kill people, but I don't have a stone heart, so I go up to the guy crying and sit right next to him.