Chapter 27 - Darkness's Embrace

My name is Stephan Karlsson.

Last year, I moved to Japan to enroll at Yoba Academy, and at the same time, start part timing at CiRCLE live house.

But things quickly took a turn for the worse, and I soon found myself in a conflict I could've avoided to begin with.

I was too arrogant, but after a certain person had helped me design a very special outfit, I got more confidence in that I should go for saving my parents.

That person most likely regrets encouraging me, because what she initially thought would just be a small and quick thing for me to do turned into a whole ordeal of madness.

Touko Kirigaya is her name, and she means the world to me. She is my reason for even wanting to live at this point, because I have lost everyone in my family.

But now... I have to distance myself from her, because she has already been hurt once as she got kidnapped by some goons just so I would get relied up and continue killing more assassins.

Now when I will be distancing myself from her, she won't get hurt, none of my friends either. I have hurt them enough with my presence...

I'm sorry, Touko, I'm so sorry for ruining your life..!

I get images in mind of her looking at me while crying

...I get images in mind of her looking at me while crying. I truly have hurt her, worse than ever.

...Only Sam mentioned it to me in secret, but as I will be sealing the Zero Point, not only the Device, but my whole life will be needed...

I cannot say to Touko that I will die, because I think she will be happier anyway once I disappear, forever.

...

Touko has remained quiet ever since we came back to school today.

Then again, we began school at a very inappropiate time in terms of what has been going down, but they can't really just let us all off the hook just because of a potential world ending threat brewing?

...Oh what I am saying, what clearly is heavy is that Stephan, a dear friend to many of us and Touko's boyfriend, got arrested just yesterday due to all along having been an assassin.

Of course, he and Touko told me as they trusted me enough, and I... I love Stephan deeply as well...

I want to show myself strong to everyone, but it's hard now, especially as everyone including me are feeling down about all this.

But clearly, Touko got hit by this the most. She is in grief and despair, and came later than usual due to actually not wanting to go back to school because she rather want to know what happened to Stephan after the happenings yesterday.

She was very quick with convincing the members of RAS and Kokoro to try get him out at any cost, and apparently it went through from what I've heard, but things has been just radio silence since then, so it's unsure.