Chapter 9 - A Grand School Festival and Happening

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Klausch?"

"Oh, uh... Definitely much better, feel that my blood is circulating even more properly today." I reply to the doctor beside me as he nods.

"Good, good. Seems your leg could be saved, the severing of it wasn't too severe, so it could easily be reattached by our surgeons."

It's been a few days since my ranking battle, and the UAA was kind enough surprisingly to send me to the local hospital in Shinjuku so they could immediately perform replantation on my severed left leg that Shinobu Jacobs managed to slice off before she succumbed to her fatal wound I had delivered on her in our rather short fight.

I have feeling that going against an assassin's wishes in a ranking battle can get you in trouble, but hell if I care, I could give zero shit at this point what the UAA want to do with me-

Oh no wait, I actually rather not die, I don't want to live in an afterlife knowing that I will never see my girlfriend again... But still, I intend to actually put a stop to the UAA, when the time is right, that is.

For now, I have waited almost a whole week for me to get the okay to finally leave the hospital, as all the results are perfect and successful. I do not enjoy sitting in a bed several days, and Touko hasn't even been allowed to visit me due to the hospital personnel saying I need all the rest I could get during what was more than one week, such bullshit... Well, I know where I am heading as soon as I get out of here at least.

Later in the afternoon, the doctor from earlier in the morning walks in and tells me I can at last leave. Luckily I have done some training with walking two days ago, so I know it can still sting a little where my leg was stitched at, but it'll be fine.

"Remember now, aspirin for three weeks at least in order to prevent blood clot at the anastomosis where the blood vessels have been put back together."

"No clue what that all was, but alright, aspirin for three weeks, gotchu." I reply to the doctor before I get to put on some clothes that fits me well enough, but they don't really look that good to be honest. Ah well, doesn't matter, I can just change when I get home, but not until I visit someone very special to me.

As I begin walking, I limp at times due to the stinging pain I feel in my leg, but I fight to the best of my ability and try my best walking normally. Nothing will stop me, not when it comes to Touko..!

Continuing on, I begin feeling the pain less and less, so I don't limp as much anymore as I finally arrive at the kimono shop, which is connected to Touko's home. I decide to just go to the side of it this time, which Touko had showed me some time ago is the door to the actual home part of it, and considering that I know her family well enough, I am more than allowed to go here.

Ringing the doorbell, I kind of get butterflies in my stomach, as cliché as it is, but it's been days since I last saw Touko in person, so finally being able to meet her again will be amazing. The door finally opens, and there in front of me I see a certain wavy blonde haired girl with her light brown eyes looking right at me with a look that quickly goes from a small smile to shock, before she bursts into tears and tackles me into a hug, which I greatly return.

"Oh my god, I-I don't know what to say, I'm just-!"

"Ssh, it's okay my beloved, I am here now."

"I know it was just a week or so, but I've missed you too much!" Touko tearfully tells me as she keeps on clinging onto me with her hug. "I actually thought I had lost you when I got the news about your recent battle, and just- I'm amazed that they managed to get it back on, it's just-!"

"I've missed you immensely as well, Touko. But now I am finally here, alive and running as ever, with my leg being reattached to me and healing like I am god damn Ethan Winters!"