Chapter 25 - Shoegazer Watched the Stars

The day after all that happened yesterday, it's surprisingly quiet. Sure, news reports are being done regarding the giant pillar that emerged from beneath live house CiRCLE, so it's currently unavailable.

"It's a mess! I have got no clue what this all means!" The boss for CiRCLE says in the interview me, Touko and Sam are currently watching.

Henry decided to find a hotel to live at on his own as he did not want to disturb us three as he most likely assumed me and Touko want to be on our own to talk with our future son.

You never get opportunities after all to take contact with someone from the future, let alone your very own future child.

"Maybe I shouldn't ask, but... how's the future like?" Touko begins as I nod, just as curious.

"Well, normally it's true that a time traveller shouldn't tell too much. But considering I have come here so you can stop that future, I don't mind telling." Sam says as he straightens himself and clears his throat, before telling us.

"It's a future of chaos, pure chaos. Because the future wasn't written before the Zero Point, it couldn't be prevented like now."

"But how did me and Touko manage to even get you? If there was so much chaos, how would we have time to do any sort of baby making?"

"Good question, dad. And well, it was in a shelter that you two did the thing, according to many. Both of you wanted a kid after all, despite the world being in shambles from incursions happening due to multiverses opening."

"Well, having a kid with Stephy would be lovely, and knowing we do at one point get one is amazing, hehe~"

"Not just one, two." Sam replies as we both look at him. "My little sister, Yoko, needed to remain safe. So I couldn't bring her with me, but of course, with you two being the best parents ever, I don't have to doubt her safety."

"But of course, I would protect my children at all cost!" I reply to him as he chuckles and nods.

"Yeah, that you two do indeed, no matter what." He replies before his smile fades away again. "Alas, I really needed her to have comfort, which she find a lot in you, dad. It will be needed once... the future gets erased."

"Thought as much. However, it seems that it varies in fiction what happens with the timelines and all."

"Good point in bringing that up." Sam says as he takes out a phone from his pocket before opening an image on it that projects a holographic image above it.

"Well, phones certainly change in the future..!" Touko comments before we two look at what Sam wants to show us.

"I have observed how it will affect if we change something in the past, and I can say at once that our timeline is very stable."

"Meaning?"

"That no other timelines will be created from changing the past." He replies to me before sighing. "Unfortunately it means an one way track every time, so once done, it cannot be reversed."

"Hence why you will disappear once we close the Zero Point?" I ask him as he nods. "And all of you are prepared for that to happen?"

"Indeed, the Resistance movement has been working on this plan for three decades and was just completed. I cannot afford to fail my first and last time travel mission."

"Right, but me and Touko will do what we can to prevent a disasterous future like that. You have my word, Sam."

"Heh, thanks, dad." He replies as the three of us get up to see what should be done next in Sam's plan.