Chapter 17 - The Day Before Tomorrow

"Stephy, you haven't eaten anything of your sandwich yet. Is there too many tomatoes in it?"

I snap back as I realize I had been staring at my sandwich, having been loaded with more and more thoughts about what has happened during these past days.

...I also forgot that I am actually at CiRCLE with Touko, her band and literally all the other band girls as well.

"Oh, uh, sorry about-"

"Stephan, you dislike tomatoes?" Yukina suddenly ask me as I also realize Touko just revealed my heavy dislike for tomatoes.

"Y-yeah, what about it?! I hate tomatoes, worst thing ever..." I say as I lift up on the bread of the sandwich to take out the tomatoes that were still in there.

"Stephy, I can help you-"

"No, I am fine, thank you!" I suddenly lash out, before I finally snap back fully and get more clear in my head. "N-no, Touko, I am so sorry-"

But she just hugs me as everyone looks on, most likely wondering why I have been like this in the latest time.

I wish myself I could fully know why I am getting so damn affected by all this shit happening regarding my assassin life, but I guess it's just natural...

"Is there something that has happened?" Saaya asks me as I just shake my head. "No, something has happened, don't lie now! It's clear you are troubled-"

"Just leave him be for once!" Touko lashes out at Saaya as she and everyone else gets quiet. "I... I know what troubles him, but I am not telling any of you at least..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know... I just... Didn't expect him to rely so much on you-"

"S-Saaya, what are you implying..?!" I ask her as she goes quiet before I hear Rui sigh.

"She is right in implying. Why would you rely this much on Touko when she isn't the most reliable-"

My head went blank again, and I soon find myself get restrained by Touko from me... almost swinging my deployed beam katana at Rui...

I... almost killed one of my friends...

I couldn't even remember what actions I were doing, but I remember screaming at the top of my lungs as I almost launched at her for saying that Touko is unreliable...

"Stephy, please calm down, please..!" Touko desperately tells me as I soon lower my beam katana, seeing how Rui for the first time looked... terrified.

I had for the first time made her express very vividly, and it was the look of someone who is feeling that extreme dread from near death.

I throw away the beam katana as I collapse, with Touko still hugging onto me and caressing me so I can calm down.

No idea why I even brought my beam katana with me, but guess I have gotten paranoid in the latest time, so I can't help it...

"...I am sorry everyone, but I think I should just see Touko for now." I say as my beloved helps me stand up and wraps the sandwich in the plastic as we head out.

I pick up my beam katana as well as everyone is still looking at me, wondering what even just happened.

Why I have been so extra troubled is actually not only because of the killing, but also that I not too long ago got the message that after doing the ranked battle to claim rank 90, I would be forced to travel around Japan for the other assassins.

It came... very suddenly, and I had a hard time coming out about this to Touko, but I eventually told her, and she definitely was not happy that the UAA had to involve me in even more shit that makes not being able to spend time with my beloved and have free time in general.