Chapter 20 - The Desperate Struggle

Sitting on my bed, I feel so... lost, sad and enraged...

My parents have been killed, and they were my sole reason that I even got into this ranking bullshit. But now with them gone, what the fuck is the point?

Well, the UAA doesn't care most likely, stuff will go on as usual and I just have to keep on killing dudes.

But the UAA doesn't seem to be involved in the murder, as Chiyu contacted her mother about it, and she had no idea that the 1st ranked assassin did that.

Well, guess they aren't 1st ranked for nothing after all...

Something that still itches me though and scares me as well is the fact that the voice mentioned that they might go for taking away someone very dear to me, which is without a doubt Touko.

Last time it was the UAA that set the kidnapping up, and hell, she wasn't even intended to die it appears, but this guy, apparently named Jasper, is set on making only pain for me.

He began with my parents, and now he is out for Touko..! I have to stop him!

I soon realize it's time for me to head to CiRCLE, which I guess was about time, but in this state, I dunno how I will handle all of this...

With heavy steps, I get up from bed and seeing as I already have clothes on me, I just prepare some smaller things before it's time to go.

Heading towards CiRCLE, I remain feeling empty, not knowing what to do next, but one thing's for sure; I have to kill Jasper.

As I arrive at the live house and enter it, I am met with a lot of familiar faces, with some new ones as well.

"Stephy..!" Touko says as she runs up to me and hugs me very tightly. "I am so sorry over your parents, it's so horrible..."

"N-no, it's... it's fine-" I manage to reply before I begin breaking down in tears.

Everyone else looks in silence, but yet shows great sympathy, some even crying as well over me being so sad.

"Don't worry man, I've got you over at school. Ibuki and Noa was also with me and said how it was." Daichi says as I get a little surprised he is here. "Oh, yeah, I haven't told you, but I began working part time here after you resigned and went on that trip."

"I-I see, that's nice of you..." I reply to him as I am still sniffling while Touko keeps hugging and snuggling with me to calm me down.

"Stephan was definitely more to help than Daichi has been though~" Tsukushi suddenly says in a rather teasing manner.

"...Since when was Tsukushi the teasing type of her..?" I ask as Touko and Tsukushi giggles while doing a high five.

"She has come to terms to not overwork herself as the leader of Morfonica, so instead she tries being more carefree of her!" Touko says Tsukushi nods in reply.