Chapter 15

(Benn’s POV)

**Flashback**

She was the most beautiful girl i’d ever seen. It wasn’t just the way she looked, it was the way she talked; her mind was as beautiful as the rest of her. It was the way that she smiled when she was busy thinking and how she laughed at things that weren’t really that funny. It was how when she walked into a room everything seemed brighter; how when I looked at her my heartbeat sped up and I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She stole my heart without even trying.

“Bennett, do your damn homework. I’m trying to help you and you’re-” I went for it right then. I’d kissed her.

She stormed out on me, and I chased after her.

“Alexandria, come back here!” I shouted, even though I was close enough to pull her closer to me.

I wasn’t good at running, but for her, i’d run a thousand miles.

“Why did you kiss me, Bennett?!” She shoved me, but I held onto her with all my strength.

“Because I love you! I’m in love with you! You’re the reason i’m distracted all the time; the reason that I don’t sleep at night and the reason why i’m so happy. It’s you. It’s you that owns my heart.”

I expected her to run away again, or maybe try and push me away again, but she kissed me instead. It was fire. My cravings for her grew as the seconds passed.

It was then that I knew I wanted to be with her as long as time would allow. And when I got my chance, it was pure bliss.

We were young, but we were definitely in love. It was pure and sweet. We were happy and always smiling. She completed me. She was my missing puzzle piece.

We never fought for more than five minutes. It was always her telling me she wasn’t worth my time and me telling her that she was worth every second.

“I just don’t understand why the hell you even like me so much. I’m nothing special!”

“Alexandria, I think you’re perfect. I know you doubt yourself, but for the rest of my life it’ll be my goal to make you see what I see and understand why you’re so amazing.”

“That’ll take forever.” She mumbled.

“Well then I guess i’ll just love you forever.” She hopped into my arms and kissed my chin.

“I love you, Bennett Vogleman. Forever?”

“I love you even more, Alexandria Jade. Forever. I promise.”

And that promise, is one that i’ve always kept.

**End of Flashback**

“Bennett?”

I look up and expect to see Alexandria, but I see another familiar face instead, one that I hadn’t seen in in almost two years“Cali!”

Caliana was Alexandrias best friend. They were polar opposites, but they loved one another like family. She was like the cool little sister you always wished you had, but never got.

“Hey! Dude you look great! How are you?”

“I’ve been better” I say softly “What about you?”

“Just hanging out right now. I quit school, too much stress. I’m working though.”

“How many times didn’t I tell you that you should just do what you love instead of going to school to satisfy your parents?” “A million, I think. But you know me, stubborn like a bull.” She laughs. I ask her if she’d like to join me and she happily accepts my offer.

“So, how are you really? I’m not buying the whole ive been better thing. I know you too well, Vogleman.”

I sigh “She’s back.”

“What?!” she shouts, getting weird stares from every person inside the shop “How long?”

“Six months almost.”

“And she hasn’t thought to call or anything? Wow. She never fails to surprise me. How is she?” She mumbles sadly.

“I wouldn’t know. I haven’t really talked to her.”

“Why not Benn? You guys love eachother and-” “She’s with someone else.” Her jaw drops and she shakes her head.

“No! You guys are supposed to get married and start a family! What happened?”

“I guess she meant it when she said she didn’t love me anymore.” Tears build in my eyes at the thought of that day.

“Benn no! She loves you more than anything else in the world. A love like yours doesnt just die out. You have to fight for her! You guys are like peas in a pod; meant to be! Together forever!” She slams her hand onto the table and stares at me with all kinds of crazy in her eyes.

“Our forever was a short one.”

“No.” She snarls “I don’t believe that. I could seriously slap you right now! How could you just give up? She’s the love of your life! Your dream girl! You can’t just let someone come in and steal her away. Fight for her! Fight for the love story that made me believe in love. You have to!”

“We’re in the same band. Do you know what could happen if I do what you’re suggesting?” “So he gets mad and gets over it or he leaves. Simple. You loved her before he did. Do you honestly believe that she loves him more than she loves you?” Cali says softly, looking a bit more sad than when she sat with me at first.

“You guys planned your wedding when you guys made it to a year. Wrote down baby names and chose areas that you’d like to live in. You guys planned a future and you can’t just give that all up. Benn, she told me almost a million times that she would never love anyone the way she loved you. She doesn’t really love him and you know it. Get her back.”

Caliana’s words take a while to process, She sounds absolutely insane, but they hit me hard when I finally get what she’s saying.

He might be my friend, but she’s my everything. And I have to do whatever it takes to make her mine again, even if it means going head to head with someone I once considered a best friend.

Hey guys! An update, yay! And you finally got to see how Benn and Lex were when they were together!  Anyway, this chapter takes place the same day as the previous chapter, which explains why Cali doesn't know Alexandria is back yet or that she's with someone else. If that makes sense :) I hope you guys like this one. Things might get messy between friends and couples from here on out. Are you team Benn or Dave? Who do you want her to be with? Comment your answers! -NightmaresScare