Chapter 16

(Alexandria's POV)

"Alexandria!" Cali pulls me away from Dave and just about squishes me to death.

"Cali! What are you doing here?"

"Me? You! I ran into Benn today and he told me you've been here for a while! Why didn't you call me?"

"It didn't cross my mind, i'm sorry." I blush "I didn't forget about you, I've just been busy."

"I can see that" she says, now looking at Dave.

"Oh yeah, um. Dave this Cali, Cali this is Dave."

Dave extends his hand, but Cali goes in for a hug, simply because that's the type of person she is. However, it only lasts a second. She pulls away from him at lightning speed and looks at him with fury in her eyes.

What just happened?

"Anyway, i'm going home. Do you maybe want to come over? See my mom?"

"I'd love to" she says bitterly, still staring at Dave "Am I allowed?"

"Why wouldn't you be? You're always welcome at my house, you know that, Cali."

"Just making sure. I'd love to go, I just need to pick something up really quick. Meet you there?"

I give her a thumbs up and then proceed to walk with Dave back to his car.

"Dave, what was that? It was so awkward."

"She knows Benn?" he snaps.

I sigh, ignoring his question. Is he always like this? Does he have to do this to himself?

"Let me rephrase my question. How long have you known her?" "She's my bestfriend. She moved here shortly after I did, and when she showed up at school I was the first person she ran into and we kind of clicked right away. We did everything together. She spent a lot of her time at my house. We liked the same music, we liked to do the same things. We even shared clothes. We're so different yet so alike. I love her a whole lot." I look up at him and smile. I've never really told him anything about my past.

"I'm sorry. I know you wanted to spend the night, but I couldn't help it. I haven't seen her in a really long time and I missed her."

"It's alright."

Not a thing about his facial expression says that he's satisfied with my answer. He wants to know more about her and why she knows Bennett.

I really wish he didn't care so much about it. It's like he cares more about Bennett than he does about me, and it has me second guessing everything.