Chapter 20

(Benn's POV)

"Hey Benn.." Ember whispers with a small smile. I looked at her as though seeing her for the first time and wondering what the hell I was thinking when I used her to numb my pain.

"Hey Ember, look I don't want to get back together. If that was why you called me here to meet up," I said firmly with the hope that I wouldn't have to be rude about it.

"I know, but I just wanted you to hear it from me and not anybody else. I'm pregnant," she says looking down and rubbing her non-existent belly. My stomach dropped and seemed like the world was moving in slow motion.

"There's no fucking way that you're carrying my child. We didn't even.."

"The night we got too drunk and barely remember anything. I know that was the last time it could have possibly happened."

"What? No, I mean yeah we got super drunk but no.. I can't be... We can't be.." I say slowly wrapping my head around what she's saying.

"Benn, listen, you don't have to be a father. I just.. I needed you to know.." she starts crying softly.

My heart feels something for the girl in front of me. She was like fire with a passion for life, but it seemed life had dulled her flames.

"No, I mean. I want to figure this out. I just.. need time."

"Because of her..?" She says sadly looking at me with despair in her eyes.

"She was not the reason we broke up. I have changed as a person and I needed to move forward with my life."

"Move forward? How can you say that when you're chasing after a girl that left you so long ago? We should be happy, but we're apart. This baby is going to be raised in a broken family.. Like I was...and I don't want that Benn. No one deserves that. Either be with me or don't be involved at all. I'm prepared to be a single mom," she says with a fierce sincerity.

"Time. I'm just asking for a little bit of time. This is huge...life changing. I need time to talk to people and figure shit out. Can you at least give me that?" I say looking back intently at her.

"Of course," she smiles with the last of her tears running down her face.

I reach up and wipe them away and that's when it hits me; i'm going to be a dad and I for the sake of this child, I can no longer pursue Alexandria.

This time around, i'll be the heartbreaker. I'll be the one running away from what I really want and i'm not looking forward to it.

(Alexandria's POV)

"Should I be worried?" I ask Cali as she mindlessly looks through the dress racks.

"What you should be, is mad. Why the hell hasn't he called you in over a week? Why won't he answer your phone calls? The last thing that Benn needs is for you to be mad at him."

"Cali" I groan "I don't think I have the right to be so angry at him but it's infuriating; one minute he wants me and the next he wants nothing to do with me."

"If I were you" she giggles "I'd give him a little something special. Something to remind him why he wants you so badly."

"Caliana Marie! What kind of girl do you take me for?!" I squeal, laughing along with her.

"I'm only joking, Lex. Besides, he's the only person you've ever been with anyway. There's no shame in that" "I know but i'm not going to use my...my assets to rope him in. That would be wrong on so many levels. He should want to be with me because he-" I lose my train of thought as I see Benn standing in the middle of the plaza; for a brief moment, i'm excited.

I think that maybe it is something he and Cali had planned, but I'm proven wrong yet again.

Ember steps out of her car and jumps into his arms as he pulls her in for a kiss.

I didn't think it could get any worse than that until hand in hand, I watch them walk into Rosalie's.

The baby antique store.

(Cali's POV)

When Alexandria goes quiet, I turn around to ask what her problem is, but I don't even bother once I see what she's staring at.

Benn steps out of a car and almost instantly, a girl jumps into his arms and kisses him. When she turns around, my jaw drops. I know that face all too well. It's the one and only, the biggest she-devil i've ever met; Ember Clark.

They say some people never change, and I think she's one of those people.

I don't trust her and i'm not gonna start now. I'll figure out whatever she's up to and i'll play her game.

But she's not getting away with it...not this time.

"I just want someone to love me as much as I love them" Alexandria sobs "They both keep playing with me and I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to be alone."

I pull her into my arms and kiss the temples of her forehead.

Her light blue eyes have darkened and I see all the pain come to surface. The fragile girl that she holds within her heart is finally showing her face.

And for a short second I worry that she might self destruct, but I know she isn't me. Her fragility will not cause a wreck in it's wake.

She might lock it away and keep it within the darkest parts of herself, but she always keeps her composure. There is so much light within her and she'll overcome this just like she overcame everything else.

Love has left her so empty.

Hey guys! I know it's been a while (writer's block is a bitch) but we're back! Hope you liked this one! And for those of you shipping Dave and Lex, Chapter 21 will be up tonight! See you then!<3 -NMScare