Chapter 4

(Alexandria's POV)

"Jace where are we going?" "Can you be patient, please? You'll see in like two minutes, angel" I sit back in my seat and cross my arms.

Everyone knows I've got no patience what so ever. Where is he taking me and why? I stare out the window, watching the people pass, some smiling, some busy on their phones and others enjoying the fresh air.

We pull into the parking lot of a place I remember clearly "This is the place we came for our first date! Jace you didn't have to being me all the way out here for this."

"I wanted to. You bought me tickets for warped tour so this is the least I could do. I know how much you loved it here, beautiful" he wraps me in his embrace and kisses me gently "I love you."

Those three word make me hate myself. I wish I could say it back but I can't. I don't want to say something I'm not sure I mean. So I kiss him back and smile at him, hoping that he doesn't notice that I didn't say it back.

When we enter the restaurant,  we're seated in the less crowded section and quickly given menus.

The waitress comes back and to my amusement, starts flirting with Jace. When she leaves, I see it.

I see the sandy blonde hair, the chin structure and the smile. My heart beat quickens. It can't be him. I must be seeing things.

When my eye's meet his, I find myself staring at a pair of brown eyes, not Bennett's forest green ones.

"Babe, you okay? You look sick" "I'm fine be-Jace. I just thought I saw someone I used to know." I sink into my seat and try to relax.

What if that was him? What the hell would have happened if it was him? Would he have said something? Maybe he'd ignore me?

I eat my food slowly, my stomach doing flips because of the stranger seated across the room.

"Babe you keep spacing out and  its worrying me!" I reach my hand across the table and caress his face with my palm to let him know I'm okay.

This date has been a disaster, then again, almost everything that involves me is a disaster.

**two weeks later**

I finish packing my bag and grab our tickets before heading out front to meet Jace.

I look at myself in the mirror one last time before running out the door and out of the building. He looks so happy, this is his first time going and his excitement shows it.

You're stupid, I tell myself, he'll never smile again if you break his heart. I tense in my seat but he doesn't seem to notice. When did I become such a negative Nancy?

After a thirty minute drive and two hours of sitting under the scorching sun, we've finally entered the venue. There are so many vendors and merch booths and people taking pictures of all things.

I notice one of the tents has signing times and decide to go and get one for Jace meanwhile he buys us map. I'm not sure if he likes any of the bands listed but hey, I'm trying right?

We spent the first have of the day running around trying to make it from one stage to the other and i'm honestly so tired.

We make it to the next stage rather early, enough to make it almost all the way to the barricade.

Crown the Empire.

I remember this name. He really likes this band. A lot.

"They're starting!" He squeals and joins the rest of the crowd in their deafening chant.

I snap a few pictures of the band as they walk on stage and then I start to feel like my entire world has stopped.

Like its just me and him and the other thousand people around me are not here.

Bennett stands on the part of the stage closest to me, my heart starts racing and my instincts tell me to run. He shakes his head and looks at me with pleading eyes, but my feet begin to move me further and further away from the crowd.

He's here...and part of me had really hoped he wouldn't be.

♡☆