Chapter 21

(Alexandria's POV)

It's been two weeks since I found out about Bennett and Ember. He's tried reaching out to me but I've ignored his attempts. I thought we were done playing games but I guess he never got the memo.

There's a small knock on my door and I expect my mom to walk in and try to drag me out of my room, but it isn't her; Dave smiles at me as he enters my bedroom "Hope you don't mind. Your mom let me in."

I watch him as he sets down the bag he brought with him before he takes a seat next to me.

"I've been so unfair to you. I've pushed you away with my fucked up attitude. I treated you like you were a keepsake, and you're so much more than that. The thought that I could lose you to him drove me crazy. Instead of using my time to love you, I wasted it being a jealous asshole." He pauses for a moment and then takes my hand in his.

"I've slowly come to terms with the fact that you love him. That you used to and there's a chance that you always will. But I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to love you, even if it kills me in the end." At this point, i'm in tears. I don't deserve this.

I don't deserve him.

"Don't cry, princess. We've been so bad to each other and we can fix that."

He pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me. As he does this, I regret everything.

How could I have been dumb enough to even think about letting him go?

"I want to start over, if that's okay with you." He reaches for the bags that he brought with him and pulls out the most beautiful red dress i've ever seen "Will you be my date to the APMA's?"

"I would love to go with you. But isn't it in two days?" I ask as he leaves a trail of kisses from my cheek to my neck.

"Pack your bags and elope with me. You, me and a midnight flight. Three days in cleveland."

"You're crazy."

"Crazy for you" He laughs "Be crazy with me. Just this once?"

His laughter and smile are infectious. How could I say no?

"Just this once then. Can we still call it eloping even if I tell my mom so she knows i'm safe?" "We can call it whatever you want, babe" I giggle as he stands up and spins us around.

I grab my smallest luggage bag and we begin to pack everything I'll need for the next few days.

I really hope it works this time. He makes me so happy.

Will it last? Will Dave and Lex actually work things out? Who knows? Jk...we know and you don't lol Sorry this one's a bit shorter than the last one. We planned this whole scene of good stuff for this one but Alyssa said this was cute just the way it was and all the good, juicy stuff will happen in chapter 22 which I've already strted writing! :D I really hope you guys liked these two chapters and are looking forward to the rest <3 -NMScare