Chapter 3

(Alexandria's POV)

In my dreams I'm always running. Running from my past, running from the possibility of ever being that girl again. They say people never change, but I feel so different. Could I really go back and just be the normal me again?

No, my subconscious replies, people will never look at you the same. They will all have something to say.

"Jade! Jade open the door!" I frown. Who am I these days? My boyfriend doesn't even know who I really am.

I look at myself in the mirror and for the first time, I'm disgusted, sick of myself.

Jace bursts into the restroom, his eyes overfilled with panic "Why didn't you open the door?! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Sorry, I'm a little out of it today" I look into Jace's eyes and frown. Nothing like his eyes at all.

"Next time just tell me you're okay. So I don't freak out, Jade. I worry about you sometimes" "I'm sorry" I whisper, giving him a kiss and leaving the bathroom.

I pull an envelope from under my mattress and hand it to him when he finally joins me in bed.

"I got these for you, I know you've been dying to go and now you can" he cocks his head to the side and quickly rips open the envelope.

"Holy shit, Jade. Thank you! I can't believe I'm going to warped tour!" He pounces on me and gives me a big kiss on the cheek.

And I begin to feel unworthy.

I met Jace at the park when I was fresh out of the hospital after being cured. He was a reckless boy, he'd been abandoned by his family and left to survive on his own.

At the time, I was intrigued by his shaggy brown hair, green eyes and angry boyish face.

"Jade I'm alone in this world. Don't you understand?" He had tears streaming down his face. He was angry about something i'd said, I can't remember what but id pissed him off.

"So am I, Jace. But if you let me in, neither of us has to be alone anymore" And that was the start of it all. All the late nights laughing together, loving each other and making ourselves feel at home again.

What happens to him if I leave again? What happens to him if I shatter his world?

Might be another one coming tonight <3 That or we'll make you wait because we're meanies,c; Sorry for the length of this one, I know it's been a while. Picture on the sidebar is Jace -nmscare