Chapter 9

(Alexandria's POV)

"Hey look, I know it sucks to come here and find Benn with another girl, but you can't leave now. Andy, Tree, Brandon and Taddie are happy to have you back."

"I'm not going anywhere" I quickly wipe away my tears and chuckle "He chooses now to move on...he was always bad at timing himself."

"What do you want to do then?" "Do you think you could take me to see my parents? They're about two hours away" he takes my hand in his and leads me over to his car.

When we pull out of the driveway,  I feel relieved, but it doesn't take long for a new fear to boil inside me.

My parents might not want to see me and that would hurt me more than anything. I've missed them so much and it would kill me if they didn't miss me too.

We drive in silence for almost an hour before the silence finally annoys one of us and makes things weird.

"Cricket. Cricket." Dave says in a squeaky voice that makes me laugh.

"I was so convinced you hated me" "Getting to know you for a week and a half, I understand why the guys like you so much." I blush. Does he like me now too?

"You were like the grinch! You were stompy and angry and cold!"

"The grinch? Am I seriously that ugly?" He looks at me seriously, but cracks a smile when I laugh.

"God I can't....looking at you is so painful. Oh...I think i'm going blind!" "Damn...you're the third one this month!" Our laughter grows louder and we laugh until we're gasping for air, until our sides hurt and we can't laugh anymore.

"Do you wanna stop and get something to eat?"

"Sure! I could eat a cow right about now!"

He pulls into a diner and we're seated and eating about twenty minutes after arriving.

I notice him watching my every move and I become a nervous wreck under his gaze.

"That's gross!" "Chocolate shake on fries is delicious. Better than ketchup!" I dip a fry in my shake and hold it near his mouth. He pretends to be disgusted, but I can tell by the gleam in his eye that he likes it.

"Okay so besides your weird taste in food, tell me about yourself. I wanna hear about you, from you."

"I want to see the world. That's all that I know about myself. I've never wanted anything more than that. Even when I was just a kid, all I ever wanted was to go everywhere and see everything."

"You don't like to stay in the same place for too long?" "Not so much that I don't like to stay, I just love exploring." I say as I pick at my food.

Our stop at the diner that was only supposed to be thirty minutes turned into two hours.

When we left the sun was setting and I found comfort in his company. 

(Dave's POV)

She's so....pretty. 

I used to think she was just some average girl that Benn was hung up on, but now I understand why she's so special.

She makes you feel good, being around her makes you happy. She can put a smile on your face without even trying, and thats not something most people can do.

She's beautiful on the outside because she's so damn beautiful on the inside.

"You know...even in the dark I can see you clearly." "Hey! I know i'm pale but I don't glow in the dark or anything" she laughs, understanding my joke.

When the GPS speaks to inform us that we've reached our destination,  I see her body tense.

"M-Maybe not to day."

"You're already here, and we can't spend the night in my car. Let's go, the lights are on." 

I notice the tears rolling down her face and her slight shaking, so I reach over and hold onto one of her hands.

"Hey, it's okay. They're going to be happy to see you and it's all gonna be alright."

I take my jacket off and put it over her shoulders once we're out of the car, hoping it'll calm her shaking.

She reaches for my hand and together we climb the steps. Her breathing is rough as she clutches onto my shirt nervously as leans forward to ring the doorbell and the door opens.

Her mom is the one to open the door. She looks at us as oddly, as if she's looking at ghosts.

For a second you can tell she's terrified,  but tears pool in her her eyes and her lower lip begins to tremble.

"Lucas! Lucas!" She cries, and her husband rushes to her side as quickly as possible.

"Alexandria?" He asks and then answers his own question "Alexandria!"

Both parents engulf her in a hug, and their sobs are as loud as they can possibly be.

"Mom...Dad."

"Oh, my baby is okay! You're okay!"

"Angel we thought...oh but we knew it was too good to be true! We've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you both more than you could imagine. I love you so much" Alexandria mumbles against her dads chest "I'm sorry for leaving you. I really am."

"None of that matters, now. We're just happy you're here. Please tell us you're staying?" It's as if her mom is pleading.  Begging her never to leave again.

"There's no where I'd rather be. Can dave stay?"

"He brought you to us, of course he can."

They welcome me into their home and I relax as a family that was once broken becomes whole again.

Sorry that this one is so late guys. I had it written on paper and I had lost the first sheet like a loser but I found it so it's all good now! We're both kinda busy lately and we apologize for the lack of updates!
-NMScare