Chapter 14

(Alexandria’s POV)

“Alex, honey?”

“Come in, Mom!”

“I got you something! Well, things but you get the idea!” She smiles and places a couple of bags from the mall on my bed.

I set my laptop aside and open up the blue bag first. It’s my favorite color, therefore it goes first. It’s a black dress with a white collar. Mid-thigh length from the looks of it. “It’s really pretty, mom. Thank you!”

“Now open this one!”

“Mom you’re spoiling me.” I blush.

“Haven’t I always?” she laughs “Go on, sweetie. Open them all!”

I grab the bag out of her hands and take out the box thats inside. Shoes! They’re the cutest black boots i’ve ever seen!

“Mom these are so cute! I love them!” “I knew you would! They reminded me of those boots you loved to wear when you were younger and I just had to get them for you!” I lean forward and give her a big hug. I’m so grateful. I have the best mom, I swear.

“Last bag, I promise.”

This bag has three little boxes inside.

The first box has snowflake shaped earrings. The second has a variety of bangles. Some are a pale blue, others are silver, and some are simple strands of pearls. The third box has the prettiest little watch i’ve ever seen. However, I know i’ve seen all of these before.

“The jewelry isn’t new. We had gotten them for your birthday four years ago and I refused to take them back. Now I hope you’re not too upset with the snowflakes. I had the boys help me pick them out back then. What do you think?”

“Mom, this is all so beautiful. I love every single thing. Thank you.” “Okay now put them all on.” I open my mouth to say something but she beats me to it.

“I was given orders.” She shrugs “Be ready in two hours okay?”

My mom totally just played me.

_______________

Once i’m out of the shower, I let my hair take it’s natural wavy shape before I braid the front strands of my hair and link them together with a bobby pin. A braid crown, as my mom would call it.

I slip on the dress, shoes and jewelry before looking at myself in the mirror and meeting my mom in the kitchen.

“Oh you look like a doll! My girl is so beautiful! Let me take a picture!” She squeals. She has me pose in the living room for a few minutes before she pulls me out of the house and into the car.

“Okay, why do I look like i’m going to some fancy party meanwhile you look like you’re going to spend the night on the couch eating ice cream and watching Top Model re-runs?”

“Because I am going to watch Top Model re-runs and eat ice cream while you’re out.” She smiles. I glare at her a little and give up when I realize she’s pretending that she doesn’t see me staring at her.

We drive for about twenty minutes before we reach the town square. “Okay, get out.”

“What?!” I shout “No! You’re just leaving me here?!”

“Yes, honey. Out. Now. Please.”

“Mom!”

 “Alexandria!” She laughs “Just go. Have fun!”

 “Fine! But if I get killed, you can expect my ghost to keep you up at night!”

 I stick my tongue out at her and jump out of the car. She waves and blows me a kiss before speeding off into the night.