Chapter 11

(Alexandria’s POV)

Am I a bad person?

I came back here because I wanted to be with my friends and family again. I’m here because in my head, I was coming back to be with Bennett and i’m here kissing another man and feeling things for him!

“This is so frustrating!”

“What is?” Dave says softly as he enters my room with some food in is hands.

“You are! First you hated me and now you like me and I hate everything right now and if you dont kiss me i’m going to have a panic attack!”

A second later i’m in his arms and kissing him as if it’s all i’ve ever wanted. He’s like fire against my cold touch, but I can’t help but feel like I belong here with him.

“Alexandria..” he whispers.

“What the fuck?”

We turn and Brandon is standing in my doorway, mouth wide open.

If this wasn’t awkward before, it sure as hell is now.

_________________

After having lunch with everyone, I decided to escape and sit on the roof to watch the sun go down the way I used to.

And just like before, Brandon joins me.

"I know you must think I'm a horrible person. I think I'm a horrible person. I mean Bennett has always been my one and only, but I realized moving on is whats best for both of us. Our love was killing us both and I don’t want that. Love isn’t supposed to be that way."

"I know. I saw how miserable being away from you made him and how heartbroken he was... but I also saw how happy you both were when you were together and how he had hope in his eyes after seeing you at warped."

"So you think i should be with him?"

"No, I think you should do what makes you happy cause in the end all you really have is you. And besides I see something in your eyes when you're with Dave. You look peaceful, at ease. You just look so happy and we’d rather have you here than have you leave us again.”

“Do you really mean that?” “Yes! You’re my best friend and I want you to be happy. And if Dave makes you happy, then be with him.” I lean so that i’m able to rest my head on his shoulder.

“I thought everything was going to be easier once I got back…”

“Life isn’t easy, but if you surround yourself with the right people, all the suffering is easier to go through.” Brandon says smiling at me.

We leave the roof after the sun sets and join everyone in the living room. For the first time since I got here, I actually feel like I belong here.

(Dave’s POV)

I sit back and watch as Taddie wrestles with Andy on the floor for apparently cheating at Mario Kart.

“Psst!”

I look around the living room until I notice Alexandria at the top of the stairs. I smile and as I go upstairs, she goes inside her room.

When i’m inside, she jumps on me and we land on her bed.

“Surprise attack!” She giggles “I didn’t think I could take you down.”

I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her as close as possible “I made an exception.”

“Be careful, Dave. Your nice is showing.”

I crush my lips against hers for a brief moment and smile “That happens when I really like someone.”

“Does that mean you kiss all the people you like too? I may or may not have a problem with that.”

“Why?” I wonder where she’s going with this.

“Because I...I don’t want you to kiss anyone else.”

“And why not?”

“Because you should kiss me and only me. And don’t ask me why.” “Why, Alexandria. Why?” I mock.

“Because I really like you and you really like me. And when people like each other, they don’t kiss other people.”

“So what you’re saying is…” “You stupid jerk! I’m trying to confess my feelings for you and you’re playing mind games with me!” she smacks me on the arm playfully and laughs with me.

“I'm telling you that I want you to be mine” she whispers in my ear.

“And i’m telling you that I would love to be yours.”

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful time with your loved ones and that your tummies are stuffed with good things! We're very sorry that you had to wait so long for this update, but it's here and we hope you like it. -NightmaresScare