Chapter 2

BENN'S POV:

"Come on dude, let's go check out Motionless In White!" Andy tried to pull me out of the booth away from the labtop I had been furiously working on.

"I don't know man, this song is coming together amazingly. I want to finish it.." I explained not looking at him.

"Dude, we just released a brand new album and you're already working on new songs? Dedication man," Hayden said sitting across from me and Andy sat next to him.

"It wouldn't be, because of a certain day, would it?" Dave asked treading lightly as they all do whenever trying to mention... her.

"Off limits man," I said angrily continuing to work on the melodies I was putting together.

"Dude, just let it out," Brent said joining in on the whole Dr. Phil bullshit the guys were trying to pull.

"I said off limits. Don't you fucking get that!? I don't want to talk about it or her or this god damn day. I want to make music and that's it, alright?" I said furiously putting on my headphones to drown out their voices.

"We're just looking out for you man," Dave said patting my shoulder. Then they all left the bus, knowing I needed time apart to deal with today.

Today we would have been together for four years. Four years I've been without her. Four years I haven't been able to hold her, to kiss her, to hear her laugh. Four years and I've never stopped loving her. Four years and I'm still as broken as the day she left.

*Flashback*

"Lex?" I ask looking at the girl who I'd fallen for since the day I met her in the hallway on the floor.

"Bennett, we need to talk." She said in a serious tone. I suddenly felt my stomach drop to my feet with dread.

"Okay.." I stepped out onto my porch and sat down. I was only wearing pajama pants, but it was warm enough I could be comfortable. I look around at the fall colors taking over the trees and the sky then my attention was brought back to the girl in front of me. The girl who looked like she was in a constant state of winter with her white blonde hair, piercing ice blue eyes, and her beautifully calm sense of self.

"Bennett, you're the most amazing guy I've ever met. You've been my protector, my best friend, the love of my life. But I can't be with you anymore. It just isn't working," she said tears falling down her cheek. I wanted to reach out and wipe them away. Yet I was frozen, my winter girl had finally frozen me solid.

"Wh-why? I thought we were supposed to have a future, Lex! You can't tell me you don't want that!" I yell realizing I had begun crying too.

"I don't.. I don't love you anymore." she said with such conviction. I swear I could hear my heart shatter into a million pieces.

"Oh.. that changes.. everything." I let go. I pushed away everything I had ever said, ever felt, ever done with Alexandria. I let it go, because if I didn't I would break entirely and just disappear from existence.

"Don't try to hold on to me, okay? Move on. Find someone amazing as you are. Love again, forget me," she said, but it sounded so far away like I was on an island and she was on a boat floating away, getting further and further away.

"I loved you Bennett, so much." she cried and kissed my cheek then she was gone. I don't know how long I was out there, but I do remember Danny coming out and telling me to get back inside. I followed him inside feeling my heart harden with every step of the way.

*End Flashback*

I wiped at my eyes feeling the traitor tears slowly fall. Oh my winter girl, I was no match for your storm.