Chapter 13

*Continued from last chapter*

(Alexandria’s POV)

“I didnt think you cared about her anymore.” Dave says calmly..

“What’s it to you if I do or don’t care?” Bennett steps closer to us and I start to fear the worst.

“She’s my girlfriend. Anything that concerns her, concerns me.”

“Do her feelings for me concern you?” He smiles devilishly and then walks away.

“Okay what the hell was that? You guys are gonna fight now?”

“Are you gonna keep wearing that necklace?”

“It bothers you?” “I know what the damn snowflake means to you, Alexandria.” I groan. This seriously can’t be happening to me right now.

“Dave I love you. I know I’ve never said it but I do. I love you. And I don’t want you to worry about the past.”

“That’s the problem, Alexandria. I have to worry about the past because your past surrounds you. Benn’s here, the guys are here. They’re your past and your present. I’m new. Take me out of the equation and today would be just like any other day of your life before me.”

“I like life with you in it” I mumble as I step away from him “I wish you felt the same way.”

Today was supposed to be a nice day. A happy day with my friends and my family, but it’s all ruined now. I really just want to go home.

I decide to go sit in Andy’s room and relax. It’s something that we all used to do when the family parties started to get weird.

Unfortunately, there’s already someone here. And that someone just so happens to be Bennett.

“Hey, why are you crying again?”

“Oh don’t even try to act like you care! It’s your fault!”

“My fault? How is it my fault? You were my girlfriend and now you’re kissing up to one of my best friends!”

“Well atleast I didn’t try to screw him the first chance I got! Ember. Of all the people in the damn world, Bennett, you chose that sleazy bitch?”

“What did you want me to do?!” he shouts “I waited and waited for you to come back! I never loved anyone but you and when I finally got to see you again you pushed me away just like the first time! I was tired of being heartbroken! Did you want me to wait? Another year, Lex? How long?!”

“You have no idea what I went through while I was gone. If anything hurt more than being strapped to a hospital bed and having a million needles in my body, it was how much I missed you. It was how much I wanted to be with you and my friends and my family. I had faith that i’d get to see you all again one day and that’s all I expected from you. To have faith in me; in us. But you couldn’t even do that for me.”

I wipe my tears and stand in front of him "I get that you’re mad at me for being with Dave but you can’t take it out on him. It was my choice. Just like how you made the choice to be with Ember.”

I take off the necklace he gave me for christmas and place it in his hands “You shouldn’t have given me this.”

This is the third time i’m walking away from him under these cirumstances and it hurts almost as much as the first time.

****************************

It’s been a week since my disastrous new years ever incident. I haven’t really talked to anyone, i’m much to ashamed to do that. I know my friends don’t have any fault in this but if I talk to them, they’ll tell Dave and I really don’t want that. I’m upset and he needs to know it.

“Sweetheart?” My mom pops her head into my room “There’s someone here to see you.”

She pushes the door all the way open and there stands my dearest, stupid boyfriend. He steps inside and my mom softly closes the door. He has flowers and candy. I glare at him.

“What?”

“You know what.” I tell him.

“Alexandria come on. At least look at me.” “I’m busy. Reading. About boys that aren’t stupid and know love when they see it.” He scoffs, sits on my bed and rips my book out of my hands.

“You did not just do that!”

“I did. First you werent answering my calls or messages and now you’re ignoring me while I sit right in front of you.”

“Ignoring? Thats too much energy. More like not caring.”

“Alexandria. I said I was sorry.”

“You think sorry cuts it? You’re joking right? Sorry doesn’t fix a damn thing, especially not after what you said! You’re an idiot, David Escamilla and right now, I don’t like you.”

“Why am I an Idiot? I-” “I’ll tell you why! Because for the first time since we started dating I told you I loved you and you didn’t say it back! Then you start suggesting that you’re not important to me. And to top it all off you were having a pissing contest with Bennett! God, how dumb can you be? I’m your girlfriend! Not his! And you can’t even realize how much I care for you because you’re way too busy being a jealous jerk!” I shout at him. By the end of it, i’m gasping for air, trying not to cry but I can’t help it.

I grab a pillow and use it to cover my face.

“Alexandria please don’t cry. I didn’t come here to make you cry. I came here to apologize for being so such an asshole. I’m sorry that I let my jealousy get in the way. It’s just hard to be next to you knowing that at some point in your life you were in love with him and that you might still love eachother. I love you. I’m in love with you. And I worry that one day you won’t feel the same and you’ll just go; that you’ll choose him and it’ll kill me.” He wraps around me and pulls me onto his lap.

“Babe, I’m sorry. Please stop crying.” he takes my pillow and I bury my face in his chest “Please look at me. I didn’t see you for almost four months and i’ve hardly seen you since we got back.”

I move so that i’m sitting on my bed rather than his lap and look up at him.

“I got you something.” he reaches into one of his jacket pockets and pulls out a small, black satin box. I wrinkle my nose. Oh god.

“It’s not an engagement ring.” He laughs “I saw it in Portland and I thought of you. It’s a promise ring.”

“What am I being promised?” “You’ve become my world, so I want to be your future.” I smile from ear to ear and giggle.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because I was so mad at you when you walked in here.”

“Do you like me again?”

“Nope.”

He gawks “Why the hell not?”

“Because, Stupid” I lean forward and kiss him “I love you.”

NightmaresScare here! As usual, i'm very sorry that we took so long to update! I often struggle with figuring out what to write so I take a while and Alyssa is usually busy. Shameless sef-promotion here; I have a few stories on my page, two of them are done, and the other two i'm currently writing. I also do one shots and it would be cool if you guys checked them out. Thanks guys. For reading and commenting and liking what we do. Bye! <3