Prologue

I remember walking down the hallways and the way they all looked at me it was if I wasn't human at all. I was new there, obviously, but there was no need to treat me so differently.

I asked for help to get around but they all shot dirty looks or told me to figure it out on my own.

I walked back to my locker and sat on the ground with my head in my hands.

"Hey uhh, are you okay?" A guys voice asked and I didn't bother to look at him.

"Do I look-" I stopped myself before I could say something rude and push him away "No. I just need some help getting to class and no one wants to help me and I want to die."

He took a seat next to me and took me schedule from my hands "Hi, I'm someone and you'll be spending the next three classes with me." His laugh made me smile.

When I looked at him, I felt safe.

And I knew that he and I would be stuck together for a very long time.

-

"Alexandria come back here!" I ran as fast as I could but I knew my efforts were pointless.

"Why did you kiss me, Bennett?"

"Because I love you! I'm in love with you! You're the reason I'm distracted all the time, the reason that I don't sleep at night and the reason why I'm so happy. It's you. It's you that owns my heart."

I kissed him so strongly that night. Bennett Vogleman had just confessed his love for me. His love for me and no one else.

That night I knew that I was his everything and he would mean the absolute world to me.

-

I'd been sick for months. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Mother was tired, father was terrified and they both was sick to their stomaches due to the possibilities of what could be wrong with me.

When the doctors came in the room and explained that some form of cancer was blooming inside of me, the world seemed to fall apart underneath my feet.

Mom cried, Dad cursed god and I did my best to convince them that I could fight it.

Their tear stained faces broke my heart. I didn't want to see them cry. I didn't want to be the reason for their pain. So when I broke up with Bennett before I went home and my parents sent me to bed as when we finished up dinner, I decided that, that night would be the last night I'd see them.

I was leaving and never returning.