Chapter 24

(Cali's POV)

I paced around the room nervously and watch as Ember's smug, mischievous voice fills their ears.

Brandon speaks up first "You mean to tell me, that someone we love and thought we could trust has been playing my best friend, just to keep her from having what her heart desires? It's fucking b-bullshit!"

"Why would Dave even bother with Ember? She's a vile human being." Hayden says as he tosses my phone onto the bed "This is so fucked up. I get that he was heart-broken but he's forcing a girl that doesn't love him into a relationship she doesn't want."

"Boys, we have to help Benn and Lex be together. We all know they belong together," I declared looking at them all who nodded along.

"What if we set Lex and Benn up to do a scavenger hunt when we get back and make them end up at the top of the Hollywood hills at night and we'll have a picnic set up for them?" Andy suggested to which we all smiled and agreed it was best.

"Who w-w-would have thought Andy Leo could be romantic?" Brandon joked to which I elbowed him in the ribs.

"He has his moments," Taddie laughed ruffling Andy's hair.

"What about Dave and Ember?" Hayden asked. I began pacing again.

"Fuck it, let's send them a shitty scavenger hunt; have them thinking Lex set it up for Dave and Benn set it up for Ember but at the end it's just us and we show them what we have against them," Taddie smirked.

I laughed, "Damn Taddie, I dig your evil!"

"No one messes with our family and gets away with it," Hayden smiled folding his arms over his chest.

"Well boys, looks like we have some scavenger hunts to plan," I smile and then we all began suggesting and discussing different ideas.

No matter what, I knew we were going to get Lex and Benn together. After everything they'd gone through, they deserved a chance at happiness.

(Dave's POV)

I'm the first one awake and ready to get the hell out of Cleveland. I decide to wait for Alexandria in the Lobby, considering Cali's rude morning interruption.

It's silent, nearly a ghost town, but you can hear the faint sounds of life in the distance. I ignore the sound of clattering heels until I realize that the cause of that sound is standing right behind me.

"Good Morning, Dave" Ember says seductively as she makes her way to the seat next to mine.

"What do you want, Satan?" I grimace, hoping she wouldn't answer. But instead she lets out a snide little laugh.

"If I'm Satan, honey, you're my little henchman. We're in this one together. Besides, I just wanted a little info."

My heart sinks a little further into my chest; she's right. I'm just as bad as she is at this point "Are you gonna report to Benn or something?"

"Obviously. He has to hate you both so come on, tell me what I want to hear."

For a moment, I don't want to lie. But as I study her, I see her malice. I see the fire in her eyes that seems to swallow her whole whenever it can. And know that no matter what I say, she'll twist it around and make sure it works for her.

So, I give her what she wants. I lie and I lie so well that even I believe it.

"We fucked all night and she told me I was the best she ever had," I smirked feeling the guilt settle in the pit of my stomach.

"Wow, way to seal the deal dearest Dave. Now keep her occupied for a bit longer while I try to get Benn to knock me up," Ember smiled evilly at me then hopped out of her chair and sashayed her way to the elevator and probably back to Benn.

"Dave?" Alexandria spoke a few minutes later surprising me as I was lost in thought.

"Yes?" I turn smiling at her taking in her tired expression.

"Is it almost time to go?" she asked yawning and taking the seat Ember had occupied.

"Almost gorgeous, would you like some breakfast?" I ask but she shook her head smiling sleepily at me.

"We'll be home soon," I smile feeling the guilt only deepen. I don't want to lose her, that's the only reason I would ever do the things I've done. I love her, and I'd do anything to keep her; I hope she knows that.

HEY GUYS, NIGHTMARESSCARE HERE!! Alyssa and I are super sorry about the lack of updates. But here's a quick one seeing as we wanna give you all a little taste of the drama that is coming to this story!! Let us know what you think in the comments!! Much Love!