Chapter 7

(Andy's POV)

"What's so special about this girl? I don't get why you're willing to waste your time and money to go look for her." For the millionth time in almost a week, Dave is trying to talk us out of going to look for Alexandria.

"She was like my little sister," Brandon starts "She was always caring, always up to something to make sure we knew she loved us. There was this one time when we were all sick. Benn caught it from her and then we all caught it from him. She got us all together at her house, she made us a massive pot of soup, got us candy and cough drops, then put on movies the entire night and she took care of us individually."

I smile at the memory and listen as Taddie starts his own memory of her.

"There was this guy on the football team who used to make fun of me all the time because I could never answer the teachers questions correctly. One day Lex stood up and made fun of him. She got up and made a fool of that guy just for me. She ended up getting suspended, but he never bothered me again. She was always so protective of me, she made things a whole lot easier."

"I passed school because of her. She went to my house afterschool every damn day to make sure that I studied and did my homework. She wouldn't leave until she knew I had it all down. She even slept over a few times. She never let me fail anything. Alexandria was like a little angel. Always putting others before herself." Hayden says quietly from his corner of the couch.

"Alexandria helped keep this band together. We were falling apart all around and she was the glue that kept us together. She went to all of our practices and even convinced us that we were good enough to go out into the music world and present ourselves as band. Because of her, we eventually became Crown The Empire.  Everything we have now, we have because of her encouragement. So if you didnt think she was worth our time before, you should now." I say pointedly at dave.

"We're going whether you like it or not."

☆☆☆☆☆☆

When our flight lands, we're all unbelievablely tired.

"Okay guys. This is a mutual airport. We can all get to different parts of town that are only about an hour or so away from here. If any of you find her, make sure to let the rest of us know."

Brandon pulls me aside and a look of worry spread across his face.

"What if we don't find her? I mean I hope we do, but if we don't?" "Then we'll pretend this never happened. We'll go home and get Benn to move on." He nods curtly and then we're all in our rental cars and on our way to different parts of the state.

I pray to god we find her.

Not because we need her, but because Benn does.

(Alexandria's POV)

When I first ran away, I cried every single night.

I cried for my mom, my dad, Bennett and my friends. I was like a scared child, all I wanted was my family beside me, until one of the nurses at the hospital told me that I'd done the right thing.

She came into my room one night and asked me why I was crying. When I told her, she said that it was brave. That not many people would leave their family the way I did, just so that they wouldnt have to witness the unfortunate suffering.

I think she lied. I think she knew that if she told me that what i'd done was wrong, I would have gone back home and I would have died there.

I look around the park and there is a young girl sitting on the swing, all alone. I walk over to her and smile when her eyes meet mine.

"Need a push?" She nods. I pull the chains back and and then release them, pushing her a few times so that she can go as high as possible.

Her laughter is beautiful. She's full of happiness as a child should be.

A woman, who I assume is her mom, approaches the two of us "Thank you. I had to make a run to the restroom. The baby is using my bladder as a punching bag."

"My name is Cassie! And the baby is Max!" She giggles and hugs my leg.

"Hi Cassie. I'm Alexandria," the name feels odd coming out of my own mouth "It's nice to meet you, sweetie. Are you excited for Max?"

"Yeah yeah! It's gonna be me, him, mommy and daddy and we're gonna be a big family!" She shouts before running off the the slides.

"You're lucky. She's such a beautiful little thing" "Thank you. She's a handful but I don't know what i'd do without her." Her response makes me sick to my stomach.

"Can any mother live without their child?"

"A mother that truly loves her children will never be capable of living without them. A love like that is a love never forgotten." Tears flood my eyes and I suddenly want to run home to my mom. Is she okay without me?

"Those are strong words" I mumble. When Cassie comes back from the slides, her mom suggests that they leave, for the clouds have become a dark gray and she fears it'll rain.

"It was nice meeting you Alexandria!" "You too! Hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!" I wave at them until they are out of my sight.

Her mother's words play in my head over and over again. I give in to my splurge of sadness and begin to cry.

"What have I done?!" I shout at the sky, at nothing.

I drop to my knees and begin to sob violently. The rain begins to fall and I feel like dying here.

A hand is gently placed on my shoulder.

"You shouldn't be out here, Alexandria. You'll get sick."

Oh no.

When I said we'd have another up soon, I wasn't joking. Love you guys -NMScare♡