Chapter 1

(Alexandria's POV)

It was a miracle.

I'd managed to disappear from one state and get to a completely different one, change everything about myself and survive the cancer all on my own.

The doctors back home swore there was nothing they could do for me, but here, they didn't stop searching until they found everything they could do for me.

I went through hell and back with chemo therapy, radiation, leaving remission just as quickly as I'd entered. The cancer wasn't just taking over my body, it was taking my soul too.

I wanted to give up so many times, I just about forgot how many. But things took a turn when I met the children in the cancer ward. It hurt to see them so sick when they'd hardly gotten a chance to live. I started singing for them, reading to them and playing with them. Making them happy.

And even though my dad cursed god, it seemed that he found it within himself to give me another shot at life.

The last time I went into remission, was when they discovered I was cured. Cancer wasn't killing me anymore. I was going to live my life just fine after that.

I wanted so badly to run home to my parents, to hug each other and watch movies together. But I couldn't do that.

In the state of Washington, I died a month after I left. I'm an absentia. Legally declared dead because they found nothing to prove that my heart was still beating and blood was still running through my veins.

I can't imagine what they went through. And I honestly don't want to think about it.

__________________________

I was graced with winters frigid kiss. My hair and my skin make me look something like an ice princess.

My eyes are the same way they've always been, a charismatic blue ring and a dull blue to fill the rest. The oceans and the skies rest in my eyes.

He used to love staring into them. He'd said they reminded him of all the nice things in the world and that when he looked at me, he pictured himself doing all of those good things with me at his side.

I'd give up so much to see him once more. To be in his arms just one more time. And to know if he still sees us together, when he sees me.

Does Bennett miss me? Does he still love me?

I'm his runaway girl but I wanna know if he's still chasing after me.

Heller ladies and gentlemen! I hope you're enjoying what we've got so far because if you are, ya better get ready for what we have in store for all of you! ♡ -NMScare