Chapter 28

~CAMERON'S POV~
It was our 2nd game and Rene wasn't there.
I missed her so much and the game just felt empty without her.
Everyone missed her attitude, even coach.
The game was a home game which meant everyone in the school was there.
We were playing a really sucky school but I just had a feeling that we would lose tonight.
"Giovanni! Where's Rene?!"
The team was warming up.
"She's sick. I went over this yesterday."
Oh yeah, Nick wasn't here yesterday.
"I had stuff to do yesterday."
I know.
"Yeah, I know."
....
The game was horrible. I wasn't doing as bad as I thought I would but I was the only one keeping a score on our team. And that was like, 2.
The score is 7-2
We suck.
I just wish Rene was here!
The game was ending. Our team had been doing great until poof! Rene missed our second game.
Plus it was Friday night. This meant we couldn't celebrate like we really wanted to.
....
"Cameron! Can you give me a ride home?"
Stewart ran up to me as I was unlocking my truck.
"Yeah sure. I have to make a stop first though."
"Ok. Fine with me."
I wanted to get Rene something nice. Maybe stewart could help me out a bit. He's had plenty of girlfriends.
"Stewart, what did you get Alex for your anniversary?"
I was pulling off the campus.
"A box of condoms and told her to keep her legs f**king closed. Dude, she's hooked up with every guy on the baseball team except you. A few from the basketball team too."
Damn.
"That's f**king cruel dude."
"I'm serious! Like when I got with her she wasn't even tight! Like f**kin' a cup of vanilla pudding!"
That was pretty funny.
We were both laughing our butts off.
"What should I get Rene? It's not our anniversary yet but I wanna get something and make that day huge! Plus she's sick."
"You're asking the wrong guy man. I suck with gifts. I would just get here flowers and candy and then when the big day comes just bring her out to dinner, have sex. Do whatever it is you guys like to do."
We just like to sleep and eat.
"I feel like that's the same thing we do. Like I've brought her to Italy, bought her flowers! I don't know what else to do!"
Not one store was open. It was late, like 11 o'clock late.
"Just go and chill with her, watch a movie."
Hm. He's right.
I drove to Walmart. It was the only store open that actually sold something besides cigarettes and alcohol.
"Be right back." I said.
"I can come with you if you want me to."
"Uh, sure. Help me out."
We were still in our baseball gear, but we took the cleats off.
We walked into the store, it wasn't crowded like it usually was.
Stewart and I walked to the flowers.
Two girls noticed us and started smiling. They looked kinda slutty actually. High waisted shorts, crop tops. And of course it's like 50 degrees outside.
"Hey boys!"
They were totally flirting.
"Oh uh, hey ladies."
I was really staring at those flowers. Trying to pick the right ones for Rene.
The blonde one touched my shoulder making me stop.
"Can we take a pic with you guys? We love baseball!"
No.
But you know big mouth Stewart!
"Yeah sure!"
They pulled us into a selfie, then turned Stewart and I around and snapped a pic of the back of our jerseys.
I felt kinda violated. If Rene finds out about this, I'm dead.
I ended up buying some roses, just because she likes roses and they came in a nice vase.
THE NEXT MORNING...
Rene was sitting in her bed eating some cereal watching tv.
"Good morning babe."
I kissed her forehead and handed her the flowers.
"Thanks."
I sat on the floor in front of her.
She took in a spoonful of her froot loops.
One by one she spit them in my face leaving milk splotches in my hair.
"Oops."
Oops?!
"Hahahahahahahahaha! That's really funny Cameron!"
I wasn't smiling I was actually really pissed.
She poured the remaining milk on my head making it drip down my face and onto my shirt.
I stood up and tried to take the bowl from her but she was still laughing. I smiled a little just because I could tell she felt better.
"Why did you do that?! I smell like fruit!"
My shirt was soaked and it smelled like milk.
"Because you're a f**king douchebag!!! I should punch the f**k out of you!!!"
What did I do?
"Babe? Are you ok?"
"Don't you dare call me babe! I'm so pissed at you right now I don't even want you here!"
What?!
She pulled out her phone.
"Why are you so mad at me?"
"Why the hell were you all over some b**ches at Walmart last night?!"
She threw her phone at me showing me some pictures on Instagram that we're going crazy with likes.
Like 5,000 likes.
"I didn't know this would happen. I'm sorry babe."
"Sorry isn't gonna work baby, fix it."
How?
"The picture isn't that bad. I'm not even smiling."
She scrolled down more.
Well damn!
"So now you have your cute little a** on insta, along with Stewart's."
It was trending. Search up the hashtag #baseballbootyinwalmart and you will find my butt and Stewart's butt everywhere.
"When did this happen?" I asked.
"Like overnight stupid! This is why you can't trust f**kin' thots in Walmart! God! You didn't even win the game last night!"
I feel really bad right now and not because I smell like milk.
"You're right. I shouldn't have taken a picture with them."
"And don't even get me started on__ What?! you know what you did wrong?! You actually know?!"
"Yeah, I'm sorry babe. But maybe my butt can trend worldwide and I can become #alexfromtarget. Then I can get on Ellen and become famous."
I'm not making her any less mad.
"Come here."
She pulled me off the floor and kissed me,pulling herself onto me.
"Mm, we missed you last night. I think you need to start coming to every game now. You're like our lucky charm."
I stopped for a few seconds.
"Dude I was like gross last night. I just started feeling better this morning. My mom was saying that I should've went last night but I just didn't want to. Here."
She handed me a shirt.
"This didn't have to happen... I could still have a clean shirt."
She grinned a little.
"I'm still mad at you Cam,but I'm not gonna treat you like that. I still love you."
(I got so confused right there I don't even know)
A/N OK SO THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER IM KINDA RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS EXCEPT THIS REALY BIG ONE BUT I THINK I LIED WHEN I SAID THIS STORY WOULD BE ENDING SOON. I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS THAT I WANNA SQEEZE INTO HERE. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK SHOULD I KEEP GOING OR MAKE A SEQUEL WITH THIS BOOK. I REALY WANNA KNOW.