Chapter 2

Ahhhh the sweet smell of high school... Sweaty nervous wrecks and fear from the freshmen. I wouldn't say I'm a 'popular person' but I do get a lot of respect from people since I was a commander in NJROTC and I'm friends with one of the most popular guys in school Matthew J.
Now Matthew can be a sweetheart sometimes but when he gets mad he shows his true colors. Girls get in fights over him for stupid reasons. I just don't get it... I don't think Matthew is something to fight over. To be honest he is cute but not my type.
I've actually never had a boyfriend. Everyone thinks I'm ugly and just plain ugly. I have one friend who is the most best friend in the entire world and I think without him I wouldn't be in high school.
"COLLIN!!!" he ran up to me pulling me into the tightest hug ever. "I missed you so much. When are you gonna leave and come stay with me? " Collin has his way of getting anything he wants from his parents so they rented him out a two bedroom apartment across town.
I let go of him. " Collin you know I can't live with you. My mom would kill me." he shrugged "yeah your right." we sat down at a table and talked about how our summers were and how we could have made them better.
Well here's the thing... I'm the type of girl that like to study all year round. I saved up enough money to get the required textbooks for 12th grade and I studied. For the past 3 years I've been at the top of my class. I read A LOT, study A LOT,and I do get on a few social media networks like tumblr and Instagram.
But I knew that this is the year I'm gonna actually do something responsible in my life. I want to make a difference in my life or someone else's "change the world" and make it a better place. I don't think I'll actually get that far but I mean who knows... I could be the next governor or something.