Chapter 5

I walked in my room and called my mom to tell her that I was home.
Me: hey mom I'm home...
Mom:make sure you wash those clothes that are in the laundry room
Me: ok and ill make dinner while I'm doing that Kay?
Mom: great! I pulled some fish out of the freezer last night so cook that.
Me: mmkay. Bye.
I hung up the phone without giving her a chance to say bye. I threw my crappy flip phone on the bed and went to the laundry room to see clothes everywhere.
Why do I have to do everything . I mean I know my mom had knee surgery a few months ago but she should be ok now right?
I started up the laundry and went into the kitchen to make dinner.
1 long hour later...
"Rene?! I thought I told you to fry the fish!" My mom walked in the kitchen to see me baking the fish. "No you said cook the fish. Baked things are better for your body anyways." She stomped out of the kitchen and went to the laundry room. "And I thought I told you to wash our clothes separate! You know James can't have his clothes washed with ours!"
Good god what else do you want from me?!!!! "I'm sorry mom ill rewash them." I took the clothes out of the dryer and put my stepdads' stuff back in the washer by itself.
A waste of water and electricity. He was too picky when it came to stuff like washing clothes and eating his dinner.
(These are all true facts) 1. He can't have his clothes washed with mine.
2. His food has to be cooked the way HE wants it.
And 3. He has to get everything he wants and if doesn't he will yell at me and my mom repeatedly for not doing something right.
Fun right? No it's not! I can't have any friends over and I'm stuck in this stupid trailer everyday except days of work.
"This food looks terrible what'd you do?"
"I baked it problem?" He jabbed his fork into the fish. "Yes! You need to watch yo damn mouth!"
I hate that my mom married this man. "Sorry jeez. Do you want me to fry you fish?"
"No I'm gonna eat this terrible crap."
Well it's not Terrible if your gonna eat it. My mom just sat there listening to us bicker for the thousandth time over the way I cook my food.
I finished quickly wanting to get away from their 'adult' conversations even if I was almost the legal age to be an adult.
I washed my plate and went to my room noticing a call from cameron. He had left a voicemail
:hey just calling to let you know that I couldn't text you really. So I called. Anyways hope your doing ok call me when you get a chance. If not ill see you at school tomorrow...bye."
The reason he couldn't text me is because I had a government phone for emergencies only. 250 minutes was all I got every month. I had texting minutes but they ran out because I text my friend princess too much.
Hm guess ill see him at school tomorrow.