Chapter 8

SATURDAY...
~CAMERON'S POV~
"Ma?!"
I walked into the kitchen.
"What?!"
"I'm goin out for a few hours. A girl at school is gonna show me around."
"Cameron you know a client is coming here today. You have to learn so you can run the business..."
"Come on ma i'll be back in time... I promise."
She turned the stove off and looked at me. "So who's this girl that's showing you around?"
"Her name's Rene she's the top in our class at school." She sat down at the table and grabbed an apple.
"Is she pretty?"
"Yes she's beautiful just perfect. I want you to meet her."
"Well bring her here when you guys finish... She can stay for dinner. I'll tell your father that your leaving."
"Thanks." I kissed her on the cheek and went outside.
~RENE'S POV~
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"I'm leaving for a few hours is that ok?"
She sat her drink down.
"You know we're leaving to check on our house right?"
"Yes but I promise i'll be back in time."
"Who are you going with?"
"A new dude from school his name is cameron. I was assigned to show him around town today.Since I'm the top in my class."
"Go. But it's only for school." I smiled and ran outside to wait on cameron.
A huge like I mean huge black Chevrolet silverado pulled up in my driveway. Oh god he knows my weakness... Tall black silverados. Their beautiful. My stepdad has a gold one. I hate gold vehicles but it was a silverado.
"Hey!" he got out of the loud truck and walked up to me. "This is yours?"
"Yep, bought it myself. My dad made me..."
He opened the door for me and helped me in the tall truck. He's such a gentleman.
He climbed in on the other side and drove out of my driveway. "So do you listen to crown the empire?" He asked driving down my street.
"Uhhh yeah do you listen to Of Mice and Men?"
"Yeah that's my second favorite. My first is Mayday parade."
Oh my god he listens to the same music as me.
"Wow mine too."
We kept a steady conversation all the way to the heart of the city where all the local shops were.
Ugh I thought he was gonna drive around and I tell him the history of the city.
"Ready?" he asked. "yeah..." we got out if the truck and stood on the sidewalk.
"You look nervous are you ok?"
No I'm basically talking to a complete stranger.
"Yeah I'm fine." we started walking down the streets as I explained to him the history of the city which he actually paid attention to.
"Oh my god there's a soda shop here?!" I nodded.
"Lets go... my treat." He pulled me across the street to the soda shop.
"What'd you want?"
"Nothing I'm good." he shook his head and stepped up to order. "I'd like TWO medium root beers and a pack of gummy bears."
Nooooo he knows my favorite type of candy!
He paid and grabbed the stuff.
"Come on.what's wrong?" We were walking out the door going to the other side of the street.
"I'm fine cameron." I lied. I hate when people bought me stuff that I really don't need.
He handed me the drink and gummy bears.
"What's going on down the street?" He pointed to an area full of cars and people walking.
"Oh it's the farmers market it happens every weekend. People from all over the city come to sell their handmade things."
"Come on let's go." I nodded and we both started walking down the street to the farmers market.
"I see there's a lot of cool stuff here." We passed the home grown fruits and vegetables.
"I think I should get some of these for my mom she loves to cook." He bought a few green peppers and tomatoes.
"What else do they sell here? I'm starting to like this place."
I sipped on my drink and replied. " They sell like crafts and stuff."
"Hm ok. well pick anything you want from here. I'll buy it."
Aghhh why?!
"No cameron I'm fine." There was this really cool necklace that I wanted but it was like 200 bucks.
We passed the booth with the necklace. I stared at it for a few seconds initial cameron caught me.
"You really like that huh?"
"What? No. Uh maybe. it's really pretty."
It really is but I don't want him to buy it.
"Ill buy it for you."
"No cameron dont___." he had already bought the silver necklace with a cross made out of my birthstone,opal and small diamonds.
He handed me the box containing the necklace and smiled.
"Why did you buy this?! You just wasted your money!"
Oops I shouldn't have yelled at him.
"Sorry I__."
"It's ok really it is. I don't worry about money and you shouldn't either. You really liked the necklace so I bought it for you. That's what friends do." He smiled again.
~CAMERON'S POV~
I bought the necklace not only because its her birthstone but it looked beautiful on her. She was a beautiful girl and I don't know how she hasn't had a boyfriend before. I really like the way she treats me.
Talks sense into me about how I should spend my money. No girl has ever treated me like that before.
Every girl I liked wanted money from me and I hated that. I like a girl who knows the struggle of living these days.
"Ready?" she asked "yeah let's go to the park down the street."
We walked back to the truck hopped in and went to the park. "So how do you like the city so far?"
"Ummmm I really like it. it's nice to know that there's everything you need right next door to you.Like the different markets and everything." the sun was starting to set. we sat on the ground and watched it.
"Where's the necklace?" I asked wanting to put it on her.
"In my bag." she pulled the rectangular box out of her bag and handed it to me.
"You really deserve this." I took it out the box and put it around her neck.
"It looks beautiful on you. I'm glad you wanted it." She smiled which made me blush a little. My phone buzzed in my pocket. my mom texted me.
: hurry up and get here the clients are here NOW! bring Rene too.