Chapter 6

THE NEXT DAY...
"Rene?" I looked up to Lillian. "Yes?"
"Have you seen that new dude yet? You know the one with the sexiest body in our school."
"Uhhhhhhh cameron?"
"That's his name?! wait how do you know his name?" Oh my gosh Lillian it's common sense. " I have my uh first hour with him. He's really nice you know. Just not my type."
"Then what is your type?"
"Someone like Collin. Not a filthy rich sexy dude with the body of an angel." we both laughed as the bus approached the school.
"Rene you are probably the funniest girl ever! You have my vote for prom queen." We walked into the cafeteria. "You're thinking about prom already?"
"Yeah it's senior prom!"
"I know but isn't it a little early?" We sat down at a table. "Not really. I actually already have my dress."
"Why? it's a waste of time and money."
"It's fun!" Yeah a waste of money fun...
Collin walked up to me and Lillian...
"Good morning ladies."
"Morning Collin." We both said in unison.
He just stood there staring at me. "What?!" I rolled my eyes and snapped my neck toward him. " Come sit with us..." He pointed back to the table. "Wait you're friends with cameron?!" Lillian almost screamed.
" Uh no it's not really a friendship more like. An aquaintmenship."
Is that even a word???
"That's not even a word! So you lied to me?!" I nudged Collin to help me. "She's just helping him learn more Lillian. He's new and Mr. Smith assigned her to help him out at school." Lillian nodded. Mr. Smith didn't assign me Collin did. " I'm sorry Lilly. But I promise nothing is gonna happen between us..." She nodded and left the table going to Delaney."Come on..." Collin dragged me to the table and sat me by cameron. "Good morning cameron..."
"Hi... Oh sorry morning." There was an awkward silence at the table...
"So I called you yesterday. Did you get my message?" "yeah I was busy yesterday family stuff..."
"I understand... so... will you text me today?"
What does this boy want from me jeez!!!
"Umm I can't really text but ill call."
"Oh ok..."
More awkward silence...
"So are you liking the school so far?" I asked hoping for an answer
"Yeah it's great I see there's a baseball team here. Maybe i'll try out."
"So you play?" I asked again.
"Yeah I'm pretty good at it. Have you played softball before?"
"Yeah a few times but I'm better at track." He sipped on his Starbucks
"So you do play sports?" I nodded slowly. "Yeah I like to workout too but I'm not addicted to it."
He looks healthy enough to workout with. Maybe we can become workout buddies.
"Wow! You're different..."
Should I take that as a compliment?
"Sorry not like different but better than 80% of girls"
"Thanks... I guess."
Yes I took it as a compliment i mean who wouldn't?!