Chapter 7

Recap: Baekhyun sends me an apologetic look, before he leaves as well, leaving me alone. I glare at the ceiling. You did interrupt something hyung. Something important. I groan out loud and roll onto my side, the cloth slipping onto the bed. I push it off, rubbing the condensation off of my face from the ice. There's no denying it now. I'm in love with Choi Mari.
Mari's POV
        I rush out of Chanyeol's room and into my own, completely ignoring Baekhyun who stands in the hallway, looking slightly confused. I slide down my bedroom door, my hands shaking. What was that? Did I really almost kiss Chanyeol? Why would I do that? Why would he do that? What were we thinking! I don't know if I can face him again. I'm so embarrassed. I just got caught up in the moment. I mean, there's no way he could like me. He's him and I'm just, me. I'm plain and boring and a nobody. He's gorgeous and sweet, and- wait a minute, what am I saying? Do I, like Chanyeol? No way, he's just a friend. My mind is just all haSavezy after what happened. Maybe I'm getting sick? I press my hand to my forehead, feeling it's temperature. I think I need some sleep.

        "Umma, umma. UMMA!" My eyes shoot open and I jump up in shock. Baekhyun sits, perched at the end of my bed, giggling. "Umma looks funny!" He laughs and I frown, confused, before realizing that he's in his toddler phase. "That wasn't nice to scare umma like that," I scold playfully, playing along and he stops laughing, sending me a pout. "Mian hae. But I want to play!" He says, tugging on my arm and hopping up. "Come on come on!" He begs and I laugh. "I have to get dressed first," I say and he drops my arm, nodding, before turning around and facing the door. I smile slightly, before hopping up and rushing to change into a decent pair of clothes. Surprisingly, an outfit appears in my dresser. Actually, a few appear, just my size and style. That's not creepy at all. I shrug and slide into one, laughing as Baekhyun bounces on his feet, impatiently. "Umma! Bali!" He whines and I laugh. "I'm coming as fast as I can Baek," I say, tapping him on the shoulder. He spins around, a wide grin placed on his face. "Let's go!" He cheers, before grabbing my hand and dragging me through the house until we reach what appears to be a playroom for a small child. There's a tv, a train set, board games, a computer, stuffed animals, action figures, and barbie dolls.

        "Let's play choo choo!" He exclaims, before tugging me over to the train set and grabbing a red train. "You get the blue train, I get the red one 'cause red is cool!" He proclaims, nodding to himself and I smile. "Alright, I like blue," I agree, taking the train and placing it on the track. After a while, Baekhyun gets bored with trains and grabs a superman action figure and starts running around the room, making it fly. He grabs another action figure and starts hitting them together, making explosion noises. I giggle quietly and stand up, walking over to the corner and plopping into a bean bag chair, watching him. It's kind of weird to see this kind of behavior in a grown man, but it's also extremely adorable. He puffs his cheeks out making a rather loud bang noise as he throws one action figure to the ground. "Superman wins! Yay!" He cheers, jumping up and dancing in a circle, dropping the Superman action figure as well. I smile and stand up, stretching, when all of a sudden, his noise stops, and it's really quiet. I look up to see that he is frowning at the ground, looking around in confusion. "Where am I?" He asks himself, before noticing me.

        "Mari? What's going on?" I guess he's back to normal now. "You don't remember anything?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, what happened?" "You came to my room and woke me up, then dragged me down here to play with you," I explain slowly and he frowns deeply, before realization crosses over his features and he sighs, raking his hands through his hair, leaning back against the wall. "Gwenchana?" I ask and he hides his face in his hands. "I'm so embarrassed," He mumbles and I shake my head, stepping towards him. "Don't be. I don't mind," I say and he slides to the floor, still hiding his face. "But I do!" He suddenly yells, glaring up at me with teary eyes. "Do you know what it's like, to feel normal one moment, and then the next, blink and you're somewhere you weren't before, and someone tells you that you've been acting like a bratty little kid, or some lunatic asshole who does nothing but attempt to burn the house down?" He asks, and I'm taken aback by his tone. "Do you?" He screams and I jump, frightened by his aggressiveness. His eyes soften and he looks away, a tear sliding down his cheek, followed by another, then another.

        "The-" He breaks off as he attempts to swallow back his tears. "The guys all try to help me, I guess, but it feels more like they pity me. They're not actually my friends. If that's what friends are, then I don't think I want any. Are friends supposed to send you looks as if they fear you, or think you're crazy? Do your friends do that? Has anyone ever done that to you? I guess not. You're normal, and I'm just a freak." His voice cracks and a sob escapes from between his lips, as he buries his face in his knees. I drop to the floor beside him, wrapping my arms around him. "Baekhyunnie, listen to me. You're not a freak. You're just as sane as the rest of us in this house," I say, attempting to lighten the mood. He snorts through his tears, rolling his eyes and looking away from me. "Baekhyun, look at me," I say, and he ignores me so I forcefully grab his face and turn it so he's staring into my eyes. "Do you honestly think the guys in this house don't love you? They're every bit as crazy as you. I'm not normal either," I say and he scoffs, pulling away. "Don't try and act like you understand what I'm going through," He spits coldly and I frown, glaring at him as I stand.

        "That's it," I mutter, before stomping into his line of vision and yanking him up by his arm. "You're really pathetic you know that? Sitting here crying over nothing! Yes, that's right, this is nothing Baekhyun! Do you think Kai doesn't feel like the whole house hates him? I mean he's an asshole most of the time too! But no matter what, we still love him. I know for a fact Suho thinks the whole world hates him, but he can't help that. Neither can Kai and neither can you. Do you think that Xiumin and Chen don't think the world hates them and wonder what they did to be deaf and blind? Do you think that Kris doesn't feel like you all think of him as a mute freak? Don't you think that Lay who is stuck in a wheelchair, ever wonders what he did to deserve that? Do you think Sehun and Luhan like being afraid of everyone. They can't even look us in the eye, let alone stand a foot from us and say hi. Do you think Tao wishes he wasn't always sick and bed ridden? Don't you think he wants to be able to wonder the house and have fun? Do you think D.O. doesn't cry every night because he can't remember anything and he thinks that there's something wrong with him? Don't say that you do because I hear it every night! I hear someone different crying every night. This house is messed up, but don't you ever say that you're the only one who's different. You're lucky to have these boys. My family is dead! Everyone is suffering, not just you!" I yell, my voice getting quitter until the end. By then, I'm just spitting out the words. Baekhyun stares at the ground, before spinning around and punching the wall.

        "I'm an idiot," He mumbles and I sigh. "No, you're just confused," I say, feeling slightly guilty after yelling at him. "I'm sorry I yelled," I mumble and he shakes his head. "No, you were right. I was being an idiot and I had no right to say what I said. Thank you for knocking some sense into me," He says, before pulling me into a tight hug. "Well well well, what do we have here?" I turn around, pulling away from Baekhyun to see Kai standing in the door way, a smirk plastered across his face. "What do you want Jong In?" Baekhyun asks, and Kai ignores him. "I heard screaming and decided I should come see what all the fuss was about. I have to say, I never expected to see this," He chortles, and I glare at him. "Put a sock in it Kai," I snap and he glares at me, reaching me in three strides, lifting his arm as if to slap me, but Bakehyun grabs it just in time. "Don't you dare touch her," He growls, and Kai glares at him, before blinking, and pulling away. "Am I causing trouble again?" He asks, his voice soft. "Mian haeyo!" He bows deeply, before running away. It's silent for a moment, before Baekhyun starts to chuckle. "You're right. I'm not the only one who is messed up. Kai definitely has some issues," He laughs and I giggle, slapping his shoulder. "Stop it that's mean. He can't help it," I say and he shrugs, before throwing his arm over my shoulder. "Let's go get some food. All this yelling has made me hungry," He declares and I smile, nodding in agreement. We eat in silence, which gives me enough time to think about my day.

        Our argument has left me shaken. I didn't even think about my words until now. I do hear the boys crying every night, but I've never done anything about it. I vowed to help them, so maybe, I should start taking that vow a little more seriously. At least the day's events have taken my mind off of Chanyeol. Nevermind, now I'm thinking about him. Oh great.