Chapter 9

Recap: Nervously, I make my way slowly to Mari's door, knocking softly. There's no reply so I slowly open the door, peaking my head in just in time to see Baekhyun press his lips to hers. Shutting the door tightly, I feel my heart break. Disoriented, I stumble away, bumping into walls as I make my way back to my room, tears already streaming down my face. Not only did I miss my chance with the girl of my dreams, but I lost her to my best friend. Closing my door, I lean against it, falling to the floor and screaming out. I feel my head spin with the familiar sign that I haven't felt in a while. No, please. Not now. Please. I try to fight it, but it's no use. I'm too lost to go back now.
Mari's POV
        Jumping up, rush out of my room and towards the noise, Baekhyun following closely behind me. Surrisingly, the crashes are coming form Chanyeol's room. I try to open the door, but it's locked and won't budge no matter how much I shake it. "Chanyeol! Open this door! Chanyeol?" I call, banging on the door, but I don't think he can here me. "Move!" Baekhyun orders, before ramming his shoulder into the door and busting it open. By now, the rest of the guys have gathered around outside Chanyeol's door, even Sehun and Luhan. I rush inside to find Chanyeol no where in sight, but the sight I'm met with is truly one from a horror movie. The bed is flipped over, the mattress on the opposite side of them. All of his dresser drawers have been ripped out and thrown around, leading clothes littered everywhere and the dressers themselves over turned as well. Looking around, my eyes land on a lump underneath a pile of clothes, shaking. Cautiously, I make my way over to it, slowly pulling the top layer of clothes away to reveal a disheveled Chanyeol, who has his hands covering his ears. "Chanyeol?" I speak softly and he stares up at me with fear filled, blood shot eyes. "Gwenchana?" I ask, reaching out to him and he flinches and shoves my hand away. "No! No!" He shouts, jumping up and running away, but he doesn't make it far because he trips over a pile of clothes and falls face first. 

        "Chanyeol! What's wrong with you?" I exclaim, running over to him, but he stands quickly and pushes me away. Like literally pushes me, causing me to fall to the floor. "Don't touch me! Please! Please!" He sobs, backing up slowly into the wall and sliding down it, cowering away. "What's happening?" I ask, terrified and confused. "This is Chanyeol's disorder," I hear someone say and I turn around to see all of the guys standing in the doorway, watching sadly. "Mwo?" I ask, not completely sure what the person said. I thought Chanyeol didn't have a disorder. "This is Chanyeol's disorder. He has very very severe panic attacks. We don't know how or why, they just happen. Something usually triggers them," The person, who I found out was Lay, explains, and I glance over at Chanyeol, who is now throwing things. "Get out! All of you! You're just going to hurt me!" He screams, tossing a large book at Chen, who dodges it. "But, I thought panic attacks were just like, your throat tightening up and you can't breathe?" I question, dodging a shirt that is thrown my way. "Well, it varies for most, but Chanyoel's is a strange case. I've never heard of one this severe," Lay nods and I frown. "Why didn't he tell me?" I ask, more to myself than to the others. "You'll have to ask him yourself, one he calms down," Baekhyun says and I run my hands through my hair. 

        "How do we get him to calm down?" I ask finally and they all share a look. "We don't. We usually let him scream it out. That's all we can do," Baekhyun replies and I narrow my eyes. "So let me get this straight, you leave him alone, to suffer by himself?" I ask, my voice dangerously low and they all frown. "It's not like that! It's just, there's nothing we can do. He doesn't want us to help. You can see that for yourself. All he does is throw things and scream at us to leave," Xiumin says, shocking me since I haven't heard him talk much yet. "So you just leave him alone?" I clarify and they nod. "Well, you may do that, but I can't. I can't just sit back and watch someone suffer. Leave or stay, I don't care, but I'm not leaving until he's back to normal again," I decide, turning and dodging more airborne objects until I finally reach Chanyeol. "Go away! Aniyo! Hajima!" He screams, tears streaming down his face. "Don't hurt me! Please!" He pleads, his voice soft now, causing my heart to crack. "Oppa, I need you to listen to me. No one is going to hurt you. I'm definitely not going to hurt you and I won't let anyone else hurt you either. You're not in any danger," I say, but he doesn't listen. "Please go away!" He sobs and I feel my eyes tear up. I don't know what else to do so I grab his hand gently, quickly taking it again when he pulls it away. I hold it tight, ignoring his struggles to break free of my grip and do the first thing that comes to mind. Sing.

        "One two three neon nareul tteonatjiman eodingaeseo neoui sumsoriga deullyeowa tto dasi Four five six ppalgan nunmuri naeryeowa nareul andeon neoui hyanggiga geuripda nareul wihan geora haetdeon neoui mal geojitmalcheoreom chagapge doraseotdeon neoneun wae neoneun wae youre gone away come back home can you come back home chagaun sesang kkeute nal beoriji malgo nae gyeoteuro come back home can you come back home modeun apeumeun dwirohae yeojeonhi neol gidaryeo ireoke now you gotta do what you gotta do amu daedap eomneun niga neomu mipjiman gakkeumeun neodo nareul geuriwohalkka neo eomneun sigan soge gatyeobeorin nan apeul bol suga eobseo neomu duryeowo ajikdo motda han manheun naldeuri gidarigo isseul geotman gata neoneun eodie eodie too far away come back home can you come back home chagaun sesang kkeute nal beoriji malgo nae gyeoteuro come back home can you come back home modeun apeumeun dwirohae yeojeonhi neol gidaryeo ireoke now you gotta do what you gotta do igose yuilhage nameun georagon neoui geurimja oeroumbodan geuriumi nal goerophinda sone japhil geotman gateun neoui useumsori moraeseongcheoreom himeobsi heuteojin sungandeuri maeil bam gawicheoreom nal nulleo kkumsogeseojocha ne ireumeul tto bulleo modeun geol byeonhage haneun sigan apedo byeonhaji annneun geon naneun neoui queen, you're my ruler come back home can you come back home chagaun sesang kkeute nal beoriji malgo nae gyeoteuro come back home can you come back home modeun apeumeun dwirohae yeojeonhi neol gidaryeo ireoke now you gotta do what you gotta do."

        I open my eyes that I had closed half way through the song to see Chanyeol fast asleep, his arms wrapped around my waist, his face buried in my chest. I hear very soft applauding and I turn to see the guys all still standing there. "You're an amazing singer, and you actually got him to calm down. Good job," Lay says, nodding and I smile slightly, shifting so that I'm leaning against the wall and Chanyeol's head is in my lap and his arms are still wrapped around my waist. "We should go. It's late and I'm tired," He then says, before signing to Chen who wheels him out of the room, quickly followed by everyone except for Baekhyun. He grabs a large blanket, laying it gently over both of us and handing me a pillow. "I'm assuming you don't want to leave him, right?" He asks and I nod. "See you in the morning," He says, turning to leave, but I grab his hand. "Baekhyun, I really am sorry," I say, referring to earlier. He stiffens, and forces a smile. "It's alright. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. Plus, Chanyeol deserves some happiness in his life," He says, carefully choosing his words. Sighing, I shake my head at him. "So do you. And you'll find it, just not with me," I say and he chuckles, but there's no humor in it. "I guess, but there aren't really any other girls nearby, unless you're suggesting I should become gay, because D.O. was looking pretty good earlier," He jokes and I laugh quietly, careful not to wake Chanyeol. "Go to bed oppa," I giggle and he smiles. "Alright. Get some sleep. Don't be afraid to move him if you're uncomfortable. Chanyeol is a very heavy sleeper," he says and I nod. "Ne, I'll see you in the morning," I yawn. Baekhyun smiles and pats my head gently, before shutting the light off and leaving me alone with Chanyeol.

        My eyes adjust to the dark and I stare down at his perfect face that is stained with tears. Wiping them away as best as I can, I brush his hair out of his face and run my fingers through it a few times. He smiles in his sleep and sighs contentedly so I continue my actions. I know how good it feels for someone to play with your hair and he needs something good now. Leaning down I press my lips gently to his forehead. "Goodnight oppa. Sweet dreams. Saranghae