Chapter 16

Recap: As I continue on my way, the silence is replaced with a noise. Footsteps, coming in my direction. My hands and legs shake as I quicken my pace, telling myself not to look back. I break into a run as the footsteps grow louder and whoever is following me speeds up as well. By now I'm biting the inside of my cheek to keep from crying out and making too much noise as terror sets into my body. My foot catches on something, sending me tumbling to the ground. I scramble back as the footsteps stop. I slowly turn my gaze up to a pair of yellow eyes, before everything goes black.

Mari's POV

"Mari, wake up. Mari." I slowly open my eyes, a low groan escaping from behind my lips.

"What happened?" I groan, staring up at a blurry face, blinking a few times until the face clears out and I'm met with Suho's concerned expression.

"I heard a scream and found you laying unconscious downstairs," he says and I frown, attempting to sit up, only to be hit with a wave of nausea and dizziness. I clamp my hand to my mouth and fall back onto the pillows, squeezing my eyes shut until the sensation passes. "Do you remember anything?" he asks when I open my eyes again. I frown, thinking back but the last thing I can remember is saying goodnight to Chanyeol and going to sleep. I slowly shake my head, attempting to sit up again, slower this time.

"No, the last thing I remember is saying goodnight to everyone," I say. He glances to the door, then back at me, before standing.

"I'll be right back," he says, and leaves without giving me room to say anything else. I press my fingertips to my temple as my headache grows. Why can't I remember anything? Suddenly, an image flashes in my head. I gasp as the image of brightly colored flowers flashes for a split second, before disappearing.

"What the-"

"Mari!" I look up as Chanyeol rushes in and plops down onto the bed, pulling me into a hug. "Gwenchana?"

"Ne." He cups my face in his hands, assessing me for any injuries. "Oppa, I'm fine. I promise," I say, placing my hands over his. He sighs and presses his forehead against mine.

"Do you remember anything?" he asks after a moment and I shake my head.

"Ani. All I remember is saying goodnight to you," I say and he nods.

"Well, you must be tired, I'll let you sleep." He stands to leave, pressing a kiss on my forehead, before turning and making his way towards the door. He stops and looks back just as another image flashes in my head. A door leading out to a beautiful garden.

"Oppa," I call out, turning to him, but Chanyeol is gone and is replaced by Suho.

"He left. I can go get him for you if you need him," Suho says, beginning to leave but I stop him.

"No it's fine. You can probably answer my question," I say and he stops, turning back to me.

"Mwoyeyo?"

"Is there a garden here?" I ask and a strange look crosses over his features. He hesitates, before finally speaking.

"Not that I know of. Waeyo?"

"I don't know. I just keep getting these glimpses of flowers and a garden. I'm probably just imagining it, right?" I say and he nods slowly.

"Probably. You should get some sleep," he says, moving towards the light switch.

"Oppa!" He freezes and turns back to me.

"Ne?"

"Gomawo for finding me and helping me," I say and he smiles softly, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"Of course." He flips the switch off and shuts the door behind him, leaving me in completely darkness. I close my eyes and try to go to sleep, hoping that when I wake up the pain in my head will be gone. Just as I'm about to fall asleep, I hear a strange voice in my head.

"Don't think we're done with you yet. This is just the beginning."