Chapter 1

Recap: Shaking my head, I stumble, before turning and running away from the few people who had stayed to see me safely home. I ignore their calls as I keep running until I reach the edge of the woods. I push through the trees, squeezing my eyes shut as I lose my footing and fall, but I never landed on the ground. Then it was quiet.
Mari's POV
        Slowly I open my eyes to a blinding light, groaning as my head pounds and I hear a rush in my ears. I start to sit up, only to be pushed back down again by a pair of large, warm hands. I snap my eyes completely open and jump back against the headboard of the bed I'm in and gape at the stranger in front of me. "Calm down! You need to relax and rest," The man says, holding out his hands to try and calm me, but it doesn't do any good. "W-who are you?" I ask, pulling my knees to my chest. "My name is Chanyeol," He says and I bite my lip. "Where am I?" I ask and he shrugs. "I don't know." Is all he says, before turning and dipping a cloth in water. "What do you mean you don't know?" I exclaim, starting to feel even more uneasy. "Exactly what I said. I don't know," He repeats and I frown. "How can you not know? You're here aren't you?" I ask and he nods. "Yes, but I don't know where here is. We all just turned up here out of the blue. Each arriving at different times," He says, before easing my gently down and placing the cloth on my head.

        "We? Who's we?" I ask, and am startled when another voice speaks up. "We would be Chanyeol, myself, and 10 other boys." I snap my head to the door, causing the cloth to fall off of my head. A boy leans cockily against the doorframe. "And you should be nicer to Channie. He saved your life," The boy says, nodding to Chanyeol. "There are 12 of you here?" I ask, ignoring his order. "Yes," Chanyeol says before the other boy can answer. "How did you all get here?" I ask, pushing Chanyeol's hands away as he tries to place the cloth back on my head. "Don't you ever listen? Chanyeol told you that we just ended up here out of the blue. We don't know how, we just did. Same as you. You don't know how you got here do you?" The boy asks, an annoying smirk stretched across his features. "Well, no. I assumed you knew," I say, once again shoving the cloth in Chanyeol's hands away from me. "I told you already to be nicer to Chanyeol! If it wasn't for him, you'd still be unconscious in the woods! Or worse, dead!" The boy snaps, glaring at me. "Calm down," Chanyeol scolds as I gasp quietly, suddenly very fearful. 

        The boy blinks, before glancing around. "Oh, sorry about that. Well, it was nice meeting you! I hope we can talk again!" The boy flashes me a bright smile, before skipping out of the room. Wow talk about mood swings. "Sorry about him. He can't help his mood swings. He's bi-polar," Chanyeol says, once again attempting to place the rag on my head, and this time I let him. "Who was that?" I ask, leaning back so the cloth won't slip off of my head. "Jongin, but just call him Kai. He's really sweet, when he's not in one of his mood swings. They can get pretty bad sometimes," He says and I nod slowly. "You said there are 12 other boys?" I ask and Chanyeol nods. "Ne." "Are they all bi-polar as well?" I ask and Chanyeol smiles, chuckling slightly. "Aniyo, but we do all have different disorders," He says and I frown. That's weird. "Can I meet them?" I ask and he looks slightly taken aback, before smiling and nodding. "Sure, if you feel well enough that is," He says and I nod. "I feel fine," I say, standing up, and immediately regretting it as a rush of dizziness overcomes me and I stumble back, falling into a sitting position on the bed. "Are you alright?" Chanyeol rushes to help me and I smile slightly, brushing his hands away.

        "I'm fine. Just stood up to quickly, that's all," I say and he nods, holding out his hand to help me up. I'm about to push it away, when I remember Kai's angry voice, telling me how this boy saved me. Reluctantly, I grab his hand and he gently pulls me to my feet. "I'm not sure exactly where they are, but I have an idea," He says, before guiding me out of the room and into a hallway. I take in my surroundings as we walk, making sure to remember them so I can know my way around. From what I've seen, this house is very old. The wall paper is faded and some of it is peeling. There's a faint musky smell that fills the house, causing me to sneeze a few times. "I think some people are in here," Chanyeol says after a while of walking through endless halls. He knocks lightly, before pushing open the door to reveal two boys sitting in one corner, speaking in hushed tones. They stop as soon as we walk in and stare at me, causing me to shift uncomfortably. "Um, annyeonghaseyo," I mutter, waving my hand slightly. "This is- You never told me your name," Chanyeol starts to introduce me, before frowning. "Oh um, my name is Mari," I say, bowing slightly. "Well Mari, this is Sehun and Luhan," He says, gesturing to the two boys, who bow their heads, before returning to their conversation. Chanyeol waves, before pulling me out of the room. "What's wrong with them?" I ask as we walk down a flight of stairs. "They're afraid of almost everything. Even us. They'll talk to us, but it's always rushed and stuttered. They never let their guards down," He says and I nod. Suddenly, I bump into someone, causing me to lose my footing and fall to the ground.