Chapter 11

Recap: We need each other, but all we do is push each other away. The guys and I proved it last night when we left Chanyeol alone to suffer, not even trying to think of an idea to help him. But Mari stayed. Mari was determined not to let us down and she promised to help us. Mari is the best, and worst thing that has happened to us. Because of her, things around here are changing. We're getting better, but our situation is getting worse. I don't think anyone realizes it besides me, but things are changing. I can feel it. Something is coming.

Mari's POV

"Let's see now. Open your eye," I order, as I stand over a skeptical looking Xiumin. "Waeyo?" He asks, frowning slightly and I huff. "Just do it. I want to see something," I say and he bites his lip, before tilting his head back and opening his eye. I hold up a flashlight, shining it straight into his eye. "Do you know what I'm doing?" I ask, as I examine his eye. Something about it seems off. His eye doesn't look like a blind man's eye usually looks, it looks a bit, different. I can't explain it. "No, and that's what's scaring me," He jokes and I roll my eyes. "Ok, stand up," I say, clicking the flashlight off and stuffing it in my pocket. Xiumin stands up and I immediately grip his hand. "Let's go try something," I suggest, before leading him out of his bedroom and out to the hot springs. "This spring cured Tao a bit, maybe it can help you see again," I explain and he frowns. "How? It's just water," He says and I shrug. "I don't know. There's just something about it. It feels almost, magical," I say, attempting to put my thoughts to words and he just raises his eyebrows at me. "Just try it. Dunk your head under and open your eyes," I say and he sighs, but complies.

After a moment or so, he comes up for air and looks up at me, water droplets dripping down his face. "Well, can you see anything?" I ask hopefully and he squints his eyes. "No, but my eyes do feel a little, weird. I can't explain it, but they feel almost, stronger," He says and I look at the water, before pulling my flashlight out again. "What am I doing?" I ask as I shine the light in his eye. "I don't know," He answers and I sigh. "Alright, let's call it a day. We'll try it again tomorrow," I say and he nods, before rising to his feet. "Um, I'm looking for Xiumin." I look up to see a petrified looking D.O. standing in the doorway, clutching his journal to his chest tightly. "I'm here Kyungsoo," Xiumin speaks and D.O.'s eyes land on him. "Um, the book says t-that we need to stick together, so I'm following it's instructions," He stammers and Xiumin smiles. "Alright, let's go." I watch them leave, before heading back inside myself. "Hello gorgeous." I smile bashfully as a pair of long arms snake around my waist. "You're so cheesy," I giggle, turning to face Chanyeol, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiles and leans down, pecking my lips softly. "But I'm only cheesy for you!" He says and I roll my eyes, pulling away. "Let's go do something!" I say and he nods, slipping his hand into mine. "Like what?" I pause and think for a moment, before grinning. "We could make a cake?" I suggest and his eyes light up.

"No not like that! Stir it gently!" I laugh as Chanyeol beats vigorously at the icing he's making. Well, attempting to make. "You do it then!" He pouts, crossing his arms. I roll my eyes and peck his cheek, before stirring the icing gently. "Yah Mari." "Mm?" I turn around and Chanyeol places his hands on either side of me. "How are you so pretty?" He asks and my heart skips a beat. I blush and look down. He takes his hand and gently pulls my face up to look at his. He leans in slowly and I close my eyes, but instead of him kissing me, something is splattered onto my nose. I snap my eyes open to see Chanyeol smirking at me, icing on his finger. "Yah!" I scream, wiping at my nose as he laughs. "Think that's funny do you?" I pout, before smirking and grabbing a handful of flour and tossing it at him. "Oh it's on!" He laughs and the next thing I know, we're covered in food, laying on the floor, laughing our heads off.