Chapter 5

Recap: I walk back inside and make my way to my room when I'm stopped by someone. "So, what did you three do?"
Mari's POV
        I spin around to face an accusing glare. "N-nothing oppa, I was helping Tao get better," I say, moving to walk past him. "I'm sure, because when someone is sick, taking a bath with them will totally make them all better. What are you gonna do next? Kiss his boo boo away?" Chanyeol spits and I stop, taken aback. "Excuse me? For your information, the steam in that hot springs has healing ability and helped him! You would've noticed that if you were so jealous!" I snarl and he scoffs. "Me? Jealous? Please. There's nothing to be jealous of. I just don't want you taking advantage of him," he fires back and I'm left gaping. "Is that how you see me? A slut? Oh sure, Mari loses everything she cares about and then appears in a strange house with 12 strange boys! The best idea would definitely be to fuck them all!" I scream, my vision blurred. I watch as his face softens and he takes a step towards me, but I step back. "Just, leave me alone," I say, and run away as the first tear falls, followed by more. "Mari wait! Mari come back! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" I hear his calls all the way through the house, but I don't want to hear it.

        How dare he? What right does he have to tell me what I can and can't do. How dare he portray me as slut. I hate him. I throw myself into my room and onto my bed, sobbing angrily. I scream into my pillow and throw it at the wall. I'm angry at him for acting the way he did. I'm angry at myself for getting so upset. For acting weak. I hear a soft, timid knock on my door and I look up to see Luhan standing in the doorway. "U-um, I heard s-shouting and I t-thought I should c-come and s-s-see if everyone w-was ok," He stutters, his eyes looking around frantically. "I'm fine Luhan oppa. Thank you for asking," I sniffle, turning away and rubbing furiously at my eyes. It's quiet, so I think he left, but then I feel the bed dip down beside me and I turn to see the blurry outline of Luhan, who looks terrified. "T-tell me w-what happened," He says slowly, and I wipe my eyes again, before telling him. At the end, I'm crying due to frustration and he does something unexpected, he slowly wraps his arms loosely around me. I'm shocked, since I couldn't even get him to come within a foot of me, much less hug me, but I don't want to waste this opportunity, so I wrap my arms tightly around his waist and burry my face in his chest. He stiffens, but doesn't pull away.

        Slowly, he relaxes a little, and strokes my hair lightly. "Chanyeol is just, upset. He didn't mean it. Trust me, he likes you. H-he would be an idiot n-not to," Luhan says quietly, almost without stuttering, shocking me further. "I'll take your word for it, but I won't forgive him easily," I say, pulling away and he nods. "Would, would you like to come sit with me and S-sehunnie in my room? Maybe?" He asks nervously, as if afraid of my reply. I smile, wiping my face completely dry and nodding. "I'd like that. You're really improving oppa. Maybe soon, you won't be afraid at all," I say and he shakes his head sadly. "I doubt that will ever happen," He says, but I don't miss how he smiles at the ground. Taking his hand and ignoring when he stiffens, I drag him out of my room and into his. "Sehun! Please don't be scared! Luhan oppa invited me in!" I speak in a soft voice, pulling Luhan beside me to calm Sehun as he stares wide eyed at me. "A-annyeong n-noona," He whispers, before glancing helplessly at Luhan, who sends him a tight smile. I release his hand and sit across from Sehun, causing him to flinch backwards. "It's ok Sehunnie. She won't hurt us," Luhan speaks in a clear, but low voice and Sehun glances at him, before nodding. Wow, he didn't stutter at all! I guess he's normal around Sehun, but around everyone else, he's terrified. 

        "If you want I can leave," I suggest and Sehun shakes his head. "A-ainyo. G-gwenchana," He says and I bite my lip. "Are you sure?" I ask and he nods. "N-ne, I'm s-sure." I smile at him and Luhan speaks up. "W-we h-have been m-meaning to try to get o-over our f-fear," He says, glancing at me, but then snapping his gaze to the floor. "Well, you're definitely improving oppa. You don't stutter nearly as much!" I tell him enthusiastically and he grins at the floor, while Sehun looks saddened. "And I'm sure with some help, you will be the same Sehun!" I hastily add and he smiles unenthusiastically. "I-it will t-take a l-lot o-of help," He says sadly and I shake my head. "Nonsense! You're already improving! Look at you! You're talking to me! An outsider!" I joke and they both chuckle slightly, almost unnoticeably, but it's there. "I'll help you," I say and they stare up at me, wide eyed. "R-really?" They ask and I nod, smiling brightly. "Of course! I promise!" I say and they smile, before visibly relaxing a little. "S-so, what's f-first?" Luhan asks and I shrug. "Hmm, how about we take a walk outside?" I suggest and their eyes grow wide and fearful. "A-aniyo!" They both shout, and I mean shout. It feels as if the whole house is quiet after that. "Wae?" I ask and they gulp slightly. "N-no one g-goes outside. B-bad t-things h-happen," Luhan says and Sehun nods. "V-very b-bad th-things!" He adds and I roll my eyes. "Alright, then how about we-" I'm cut off by the door slamming open.