Chapter 6

Recap: I don't love her, do I? Of course not pabo! You can't love someone after a few days! This isn't a movie! No, I just, like her a lot. As more then a friend, I don't know yet, but I will figure it out soon. I look up to see that I had walked to my room the whole time I was thinking. Wow, I didn't even feel myself move. I sigh and climb into bed, closing my eyes. I guess I should sleep on it. Goodnight Mari, I love you. WAIT WHAT?
Mari's POV
        I sigh as I rub my eyes and wonder aimlessly through the large house. What should I do today? Hmm, I should probably help someone. But who? "Oh! Chanyeol oppa! Perfect! Just the person I was looking for! Who should I help today?" I ask, running up to the giant as he walks into the room I'm in. He freezes and stares at me with wide eyes, before clearing his throat. "Um, sorry, Chanyeol is not here right now. Leave a message after the beep. Beep. Oh sorry, can't help you with anything to do with love! I mean, uh, bye!" And then he runs away leaving me very confused. What the hell was that all about? I shake my head, frowning, but keep walking. Maybe I'll run into someone else. Right on cue I bump into something and stumble backwards. I would've fallen if it hadn't been for a pair of strong arms that caught me. I open my eyes to look up at Suho oppa. Hmm, I haven't helped him yet, why not? "Oppa! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today?" I ask, smiling brightly at him and he sighs, shaking his head. "No thanks. You don't really want to hang out with me, so I'd rather not inconvenience you," He says and I frown, my smile immediately dropping.

        "What do you mean? Of course I want to hang out with you! You aren't inconveniencing me, after all, I'm the one who asked you," I say, putting a small smile back on as he shakes his head. "I don't know." "Please? It'll make me happy!" I say and he sighs, before nodding. "Alright, fine. What do you want to do?" he asks and I cheer, doing a small victory dance. "Let's go explore!" I say, tugging on his arm and pulling him down the halls. I wrack my brain to think of hoe I can help him. Thinking back to all the videos we were shown in school about how to help a friend with depression, I realize that none of it is helpful now. They all told us to 'tell a teacher or trusted adult' or 'smile at your friend. It could go a long way'. Now I realize that none of those things will help Suho. Hmm, what to do, what to do? "Oppa, do you like dancing?" 

Chanyeol's POV
        I've been trying to avoid Mari all day and I think it's working! I haven't seen her yet- "Oh! Chanyeol oppa! Perfect! Just the person I was looking for! Who should I help today?" I mentally curse the world for hating me so much, before turning around slowly to face the beautiful girl in front of me. Wait, beautiful? I'm supposed to be convincing myself that I don't love her, not complimenting her! "Um, sorry, Chanyeol is not here right now. Leave a message after the beep. Beep. Oh sorry, can't help you with anything to do with love! I mean, uh, bye!" I quickly run off before she can question me further. Whew, that could've been a disaster. Good thing I'm so quick witted! I continue walking through the house, not sure where I'm going, just trying to stay as far away from Mari as possible. Suddenly, I hear a faint thumping noise coming from down the hall. Frowning, I follow the noise until I reach a large door. Slowly, I push open the door to reveal Mari attempting to dance, and Suho laughing, showing her how to do a certain move. Wait a minute, Suho hyung is laughing? Is this the same Suho I know? The Suho who won't eat unless we literally force it down his throat? The Suho who cries every night, hoping that we can't hear him but we really do? The Suho who thinks no one cares for him? The Suho who fakes smiles, but it's obvious they're not real because of the look in his eyes. The Suho who- ok you get the picture.

        The point is, this is not the Suho I'm used to. He hasn't been like this since- never mind. Let's not bring that up just yet. I poke my head in father, trying to be quiet, but apparently my luck is gone today and I stumble literally over air and fall loudly to the floor, causing both Mari and Suho to snap their gazes to me. Instantly, Suho's smile drops and he frowns. "Um, I gotta go Mari. Thanks for, that, but I should leave now," He says, before rushing away. Gosh, what is it with him and showing emotions other than sadness and anger? "Oppa! He was finally warming up to me!" Mari whines, pouting adorably with her gorgeous lips. Is it bad that I really want to kiss them now? Wait, no no no! Stop it Chanyeol. "Oppa?" Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I stare into her large brown eyes, my face heating up. "Yah oppa your face is all red! Are you sick?" She asks, placing a hand on my forehead worriedly. Oh Mari, you're too dense. "Ah, no, Ehem, I'm fine," I say, pushing her hand away and standing up, my face burning more. "But your face is getting redder by the minute! Are you sure you don't have a fever?" She asks, going to feel my face again, but only succeeding in driving me into the wall. Sadly, she came with me and pressed herself up against me, trapping me between her and the wall. She stands on her tippy toes and presses her hand to my forehead once again.

        "You're sweating like crazy! And I can feel your heart pounding! I think you're coming down with something! Come on let me take you to bed!" She grabs my arm, dragging me out of the room and upstairs to my room, where she places me on my bed and tucks me in. "I'll be right back! Don't move!" She points a finger at me, before running out, leaving me alone. I take a deep breath and let it out, trying to reduce my blush, but it doesn't work. As soon as my face starts to cool, she rushes back in with a rag and a bucket of ice. Her arms are too full since she grabbed a huge bucket and she looks like a duck who is chaffing by the way she is waddling. I blush at how adorable it is, which doesn't help my case at me not being sick. "Lie down!" She orders, before taking the wet rag and dabbing my forehead. She then takes some ice and places the cubes inside the rag, before placing it on my forehead and pushing me down onto the pillows, tucking the blankets in around me. She hops up and turns on the fan, before running back to my side and grabbing a piece of ice, rubbing it on my face and neck, trying to cool me, but it only makes me blush more. "Yah, u-um M-mari I don't t-think this is h-helping," I croak out, my voice cracking as I watch her concentrated expression. Her eyebrows are furrowed causing the skin in between them to crinkle and her lips are pouted with her tongue barely poking out between them.

        "M-mari," I break off as she looks up at me and my heart stops at how close we are. Our noses brush against each other and I can feel her breath on my face. Her face flushes, and suddenly, we're both leaning in. Our lips barely brush when the door bursts open and Baekhyun tumbles in. "O-oh! Sorry! H-hope I didn't interrupt something!" He says, blushing as he sees our position. Mari pulls away, blushing as well and she refuses to make eye contact with me. "You didn't. Get some rest oppa, you need it," She says, before standing up and rushing out. Baekhyun sends me an apologetic look, before he leaves as well, leaving me alone. I glare at the ceiling. You did interrupt something hyung. Something important. I groan out loud and roll onto my side, the cloth slipping onto the bed. I push it off, rubbing the condensation off of my face from the ice. There's no denying it now. I'm in love with Choi Mari.