Chapter 14

Recap: "Is Suho ok?" He asks, his voice surprisingly strong, and I nod. "He's fine. Sehun is watching over him now," I say, and before I can say anything else, Luhan has rushed out of the room, no doubt to Sehun's side. Chanyeol and I stand quietly in the room, not sure what to do now. "Hey Jagiya." "Hmm?" "Can we make some pizza?" "Sure Chanyeol."

Mari's POV

"Don't even think about starting another food fight! I don't wanna have to clean up your mess again!" I say as Chanyeol's eyes sparkle as he stares at the ingredients for the pizza.

"Hey that's not fair! You joined in too! And I helped clean up!" He protests and I roll my eyes, spreading some flour out on the counter.

"Watching me clean does not count as helping," I tease and he pouts. "Now make yourself useful and grab some dough," I say, pointing to the pizza dough I found in the fridge. I'm slowly getting used to the fact that if we want something, all we have to do is think and it will appear, more or less. Every morning the fridge is restocked with ingredients and they vary from time to time.

"Ta da!" I look up as Chanyeol holds out a piece of fabric.

"What's that?" I ask, examining it quizzically as he grins and turns me around, tying the fabric to me.

"Couple aprons!" He cheers, and I look down at the pink checker board apron, before examining his matching blue one.

"Where did you even get these?" I laugh and he shrugs.

"I found them in the pantry. How many pizzas are we making?" He asks, turning away, and I shrug.

"Well, there are 13 of us and about eight slices per pizza, so if we make 4 pizzas, that's 32 slices, so that's enough for everyone to have at least two slices and then we'd have 6 slices left over," I calculate, kneading the dough with my hands to form a large circle.

"Ok, so four pizzas? What are we gonna put on them?" Chanyeol asks, following my lead and kneading another crust.

"Hmm, well since we don't know what everyone wants, how about we make one with cheese, one with meat, one with vegetables, and then the fourth can have meat and vegetables," I say and he smiles, nodding.

"Alright, I'll get the ingredients!" He runs to the fridge and digs around, before finally emerging with his hands full of various items. He places them on the counter opposite of us, and begins to knead the final crust while I pull out the sauce. I spread it on all of the crusts, and then grab the mozzarella and sprinkle a generous amount on each.

"Alright you take the vegetable and the meat, and I'll do the mixed one while the cheese cooks," I say, sliding the cheese one into the oven and quickly placing toppings on the fourth pizza, before sliding that in the oven as well, followed by the other two pizzas. "Hey, why don't we make this an italian day and make a bunch of pasta too?" I suggest and Chanyeol's eyes light up, as he nods eagerly. "Ok, I'll start some sauces, you make the noodles. Do you know how?" I ask and he nods slowly, before slowly shaking his head.

"I kind of do, but not 100%," He admits sheepishly and I quickly show him what to do, before grabbing the ingredients to make the sauces. I dice some tomatoes and pour them into a pot, sprinkling in some spices. Then I peek in the pantry and find a can of tomato sauce and dump that in as well. I stir it and turn the heat down a bit, before sprinkling some garlic salt in, as well as salt, pepper, and some other spices. I grab a few herbs and throw those in, stirring, before quickly cutting up some peppers and dumping those in as well, turning the heat down a bit more, stirring, and then placing a lid on top of the pan. Then I begin to make a carbonara sauce. When that's finished, I put the eggs and bacon away, wipe my hands off on my apron, and peek over Chanyeol's shoulder as he finishes making the spaghetti and moves on to making ziti. I rush over to the fridge and dig around, before pulling out some ground beef. Then I pull a bag of potatoes out of the pantry and dump them into a bowl, running them under warm water to rinse them off. While they dry, I put the ground beef into a pan with some olive oil, and turn it on, letting it defrost. I turn back to the sink and begin to peel all of the potatoes. When they're all peeled, I move the bowl onto the counter and set them beside a cutting board. Then I move back to the stove and check the sauces, before grabbing a wooden spoon and breaking up the ground beef a bit more, sprinkling some salt and pepper on. I leave it to finish cooking all the way and quickly chop up the potatoes, before plopping them into a pot, turning it on high so it will boil and they cook quickly. 

I check on Chanyeol one more time to see that he has finished the spaghetti and the ziti and is now making some ravioli. Pecking his cheek, I pull out the meats we used on the pizzas and begin to make meatballs with beef, ham, and bacon. When they're rolled up and I'm satisfied I have enough, I quickly put them on the stove to cook, checking on the pizzas. I pull them out and move them away from our area, letting them cool, before grabbing the ground beef and pouring it into a bowl. I pour the potatoes into a bowl as well, and refill the pot, letting it boil, and then placing all of the pasta Chanyeol has made in it, minus the ravioli. Then I quickly mash up the potatoes, throwing in butter, salt, and pepper, before moving it over to the now finished ravioli. I begin to put it inside the pasta, and put ground beef in the other half, before closing them all and setting them in boiling water to cook. Chanyeol begins to clean what we don't need as I check the spaghetti and ziti. I pour it into a strainer and then mix the sauce in with each. I set the bowl of spaghetti aside, and grab the ziti, sprinkling mozzarella on top, and then sliding it into the oven to bake and melt the cheese. I take some of the sauce and pour it into a bowl along with the meatballs, before adding that to the spaghetti. I dump the ravioli into a strainer as well, before putting it into two different bowls and pouring the remaining sauce on it. I take a bit of the spaghetti that I left untouched and pour the carbonara sauce on it, mixing it thoroughly. By the time I'm finished, the baked ziti is done as well, and I pull it out, leaving it on the counter to cool while I move the rest of the food to the table. Chanyeol has already set the table with cups, plates, chopsticks, and silver wear. I grab a few pitchers of water and lemonade and set those on the table as well, before bringing the cooler ziti out and setting it on the table as well. We quickly clean the rest of the kitchen and hang up our aprons, before I move out to the stairs.

"For anyone that wants it, we made food!" I shout, and suddenly several sets of feet come pounding towards us.

"What did you make Noona?" Tao asks, thankfully looking better than the last time I saw him.

"A taste of Italy." I smile and move aside, letting everyone see the piles of food we made. Their jaws drop and they all quickly sit down, waiting for me to tell them what's what. "OK so we made four pizzas, one with cheese, one with meat, one with vegetables, and one with everything. In addition to that, we have spaghetti and meatballs, baked ziti, ravioli with meat and ravioli with mashed potatoes, and finally spaghetti carbonara." I point to everything, explaining what it is.

"What's spaghetti carbonara?" Baekhyun asks, peering at it.

"It's spaghetti in an egg sauce with parmesan cheese and bacon," I reply and he smiles. "Ok everyone, dig in!" I pile my plate with one of everything, before sitting in between Chanyeol and Suho. "How are you Suho oppa?" I ask, surprised that he's out of bed. I didn't think he'd be awake for a while. He looks up at me with tired eyes and sends a small smile, but it comes out as more of a grimace.

"Gwenchana. I'll be ok. Sehun and Luhan talked to me for a while, and they helped me. Thank you by the way. Sehun told me how you saved me. Gamsahamnida," He bows. "I'm sorry I was so much trouble." I frown, shaking my head.

"You were no trouble at all. I can't imagine what you were going through and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to prevent this from happening. I'll be around a lot more from now on!" I promise and he looks down, but I catch a glimpse of a small smile on his face. The first real smile I've ever seen on him. "You should smile more. It looks good on you," I whisper in his ear, before turning to talk to Lay who is across from me, but not before I catch his smile widen slightly. I guess the day didn't start out perfect, but I'm glad I could end it on a bright note. I hope to see Suho smile more and slowly see his scars fade without more to replace them. I hope to see all of these boys scars fade, the physical and mental ones. I think I'm finally making some progress here.

Ok this was just a filler chapter. I'll try and write a real one later. Honestly writing this made me really hungry. Now I gotta go make some food. sad Hopefully a new chapter will be up soon!