Chapter 20

Recap: All you do is cause pain to those around you. No! You don't belong here. I- You should leave. I should leave. It's what's best. It's what's best. That's it. Now we're getting somewhere.

Mari's POV

Where am I? It's so dark and cold. Mari. "Who's there?" You mean you don't recognize my voice? "No, who are you?" I'm you. "W-what?" I'm the darkness that you kept hidden deep inside you. "Darkness?" Yes, you've always had it, but it grew after the accident. You just needed something to trigger it to release it. I've been waiting so long to speak to you. "Where am I?" Where else would you be? You're inside yourself. Only now, I'm in control. "W-what?" Yes, I've been trying to get control for a while now, and now that I have it, I will destroy all the happiness you have left. Starting with your precious boyfriend. "No! Don't touch him!" And why shouldn't I? He can't really make you happy dear. No one can. They're all out to destroy you. Destroy us. I won't let them hurt us! "Please leave Chanyeol and the rest of the boys alone! They're not going to hurt me!" They will! They're no different than everyone else! No one wants you! Not your parents or your brothers, and not these boys! I'm all you have. I'm not going to let you go! "Let me out! Get out of my body!" No! I'm in control now! Not you! "Please!" Go to sleep. It will all be over soon.

Chanyeol's POV

"Hyung, I'm really worried about Mari," I confess, plopping down beside Baekhyun. "She's been acting really strange lately."

"Yeah I've noticed."

"You have?"

"Yeah, last night I found her downstairs curled up in the corner, covering her ears. She was crying too. I asked what was wrong and she snapped at me and ran away. She seemed really scared," he says and I frown, my worry increasing.

"I don't understand what's gotten into her. She was fine a few weeks ago and now all of a sudden, she's acting like this." I sigh, running a hand over my face.

"What's going on?" I look up as Suho walks into the room, concern on his face.

"Mari's been acting really strange recently," I say, and then I quickly explain how she's been different. Something flashes in his eyes for a second, then it's gone.

"When did she start acting this way?" I frown, thinking back.

"I don't know. I guess right after that incident a few weeks ago where you found her unconscious," I say and Suho's face darkens slightly.

"Where is she now?" he asks and I'm taken aback by his abrupt tone.

"Um, I don't know, why?" I ask and he shifts impatiently.

"I think someone should keep an eye on her at all times, incase something bad happens," he says and I jump to my feet.

"Bad? What could happen?" I exclaim and he runs a hand through his hair.

"I don't know. Let's not find out. Where is she?" he demands and I shrug, my mind still processing everything that is happening.

"I-I don't know, maybe in her room?"

"I'll go look," Baekhyun says, jumping up and running upstairs.

"You look here, I'll look downstairs," Suho says, and dashes off before I can speak. I frantically search the middle floor, but Mari isn't anywhere to be found.

"Did you find her?" Suho's voice fills the silence of the room as he runs back up the stairs.

"No, she's not here," I say, just as Baekhyun comes rushing down the stairs, panic on his face. "Did you find her?" I ask frantically, running over to him. He looks at me, sadly and worriedly, shaking his head.