Epilogue

"Mommy tell me the story!" I smile as my daughter bounds over to her bed that I'm perched on, wiggling her way up to sit beside me.

"Again?" I ask, and she nods enthusiastically. "But I've already told it you millions of times. Aren't you tired of it yet?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Please tell me!" she begs, dragging out the please and I smile, giving in.

"Oh alright, get comfortable first," I say, and she quickly dives under the blankets in her bed, snuggling down into the mattress. "Now, you have to help me tell the story, alright?" She nods and I grin, beginning.

"There was a girl, and she had gone through all sorts of horrible things. She lost her entire family and then went missing. She woke up in a mysterious mansion, with a mysterious boy standing over her. It turns out, he wasn't the only one in the mansion. There were eleven other boys there, and all of them had a different feature. Do you know what her job was?"

"She had to cure them all," Eunbi, my daughter says and I nod.

"That's right. She slowly started to fall in love with the first boy she met, as did he. But all was not well, for she was cursed by an evil spirit," I say and Eunbi pulls the covers up over her nose. "The evil spirit controlled her and told her awful things. She started to believe the spirit and disappeared, leaving the boys and the mansion behind. She returned home and was lonely. She felt as if she no longer had anyone, but then one day, something unexpected happened. She met a boy at a coffee shop, and he took her to meet his band. And do you know who was in the band?" I ask and Eunbi grins.

"The boys!"

"That's right. Her special boys were all there. She found them and she wasn't going to let them go ever again. The end," I say, gently pushing her down and kissing her forehead. "Goodnight monkey," I whisper.

"Mommy, did that really happen?" she asks as I move to switch the light off.

"Of course it did sweetheart."

"But it's just a story. How could it be real?" she asks in her tiny five year old voice.

"Stories are just real events that happened and were passed down so that they wouldn't be forgotten darling," I respond, smiling softly.

"Oh." She lets out a yawn and I stroke her head gently.

"Go to sleep lovely. It's late."

"Ok Mommy. Goodnight."

"I love you."

"I love you too Mommy." I turn the light off and quietly leave the room, shutting the door.

"Is she asleep?" I jump slightly at the sound of my husband's voice.

"You scared me," I hiss quietly and he chuckles.

"Mian." I enter our room and he follows me, sitting beside me on our bed, rubbing my shoulders. "Did she ask for the story again?" he asks and I nod, leaning back into him.

"Of course she did. It's her favorite."

"It's a good story," he says, nodding, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm glad it's ours," he whispers and I snort.

"Technically it's only mine," I point out and I feel him shrug.

"I'm still apart of it," he replies.

"Technically I made you up before I knew you existed."

"Technically you fell in love with me before you knew I existed," he responds and I turn to face him. "And you know what that means?" his voice drops down into a tone so low, I have to strain to hear him.

"What?" I whisper back.

"We're truly fated to be together," he says and I roll my eyes, snorting slightly.

"That's so cheesy," I laugh and he shrugs, smirking.

"So, tell me the story," he says, leaning back against the pillows, pulling me onto his chest.

"You know the story," I mutter back and I feel him shrug again.

"Still."

"I'll tell you the shortened version," I say, and he nods.

"Good enough."

"Once upon a time there was a girl, who fell madly in love with a boy who had lots of problems, but it worked out because she had lots of problems as well. Her problems only increased when she discovered that he was not real. He was, in fact, a character she had made up while in a deep sleep. But then, she ran into a boy in a coffee shop. It was her man. Her love. She knew then that they would be together for the rest of their lives. The end."

"And you call me cheesy," I chuckle, laying my head down on his chest and listening to the soft thud of his heart beat. "Mari."

"Yes Chanyeol?"

"I'm glad you dreamt of me."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, because if you hadn't have dreamt of me, you might be in some other guy's arms right now, and I can't bear to even think about that," he says seriously.

"You know, in my dream, I felt like it was my duty to save you all. Well, dream you guys. The feeling was so strong. I can still feel it today. It's hard to believe that I dreamt it all," I admit and he gently grips my chin, pulling my gaze up to meet his.

"Mari, don't you see? You have saved me. Without you my life would be nothing. I love you so much it hurts. You're my savior babe, and sorry, but it looks like you're stuck with me." I grin, snorting.

"I knew I was stuck with you the moment you dumped your coffee all over me," I say and he smiles, rolling his eyes.

"You should be glad I dumped my coffee on you. If I hadn't have, I probably wouldn't have talked to you," he says and I shrug.

"You never know."

"Well whatever the case, just know that I love you, ok?" I smile, nodding.

"I love you too." I lean up and gently connect our lips, before pulling away and slipping under the blankets, cuddling into his side and closing my eyes. He may not be the exact same boy I dreamed of all those years ago, but he's still perfect to me. I created twelve boys who I had to save, when in reality, it was them who saved me.