Chapter 3

Recap: "Oh and Lay! Maybe you can teach me sign language? That way you won't be the only one who knows how to speak to Chen," I say and Lay nods. "Of course." Then they're gone. "So, who's next?" 
Mari's POV
        "Mari, I appreciate your help, but I don't think you can do anything for me." The door starts to close when I jam my foot in it's way. "Baekhyun oppa, don't be so pessimistic! At least try!" I beg and he shakes his head. "I don't wanna be let down when it doesn't work," He says and I frown. "Then let's not say we're trying to cure you! Let's just say, we're hanging out and getting better acquainted," I say and he hesitates, before sighing and opening the door to his room. "Fine, we can try, but if i switch personalities on you, don't say I didn't warn you," He says, a sad look in his eyes and I smile sympathetically at him. "Great! Let's go downstairs!" I say, grabbing his arm and dragging him down to the dance studio, Chanyeol rushes to keep up behind us. He's always with me now. Well, it's only 12 o'clock, but he's been at my side all day. I still don't know what his disorder is. I wish he would tell me so I could help. Maybe he doesn't have one. But if he didn't have one then he wouldn't be here, right? Well, you never know, I mean, I'm here and I don't have a disorder. At least, I don't think I do.

        "So, what are we gonna do first?" I ask as we reach the room and he stares incredulously at me. "Are you joking?" He asks and I smile slightly. "No, I'm not. We're getting  better acquainted, right? So what do you want to do first?" I ask and he smiles at me, visibly realizing. "Oh, right. Well, I don't really care," He says, sitting down in one of the wooden chairs in the corner. "Well, what do you like to do?" I ask and he shrugs. "When I'm not an ass or five? I don't know. I don't do much. I mostly lay in my room," He says and I frown slightly. Poor boy, he's obviously really upset over his personality disorder. "Baekhyun loves to sing," Chanyeol speaks up and Baekhyun shoots him a glare. "No I don't," He says and Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "Yes you do! I hear you all the time through the walls! Plus you used to sing to me all the time when you first came here," He says and Baekhyun shakes his head. "Even if I do like to sing it's not like I'm any good," He says and I smile. "Nonsense! I'm sure you're amazing! I'd love to hear you sing! Please?" I beg and after a few more pleas, he complies. "Fine, but only one song!" He says and I smile, clapping. He starts to sing and I'm left speechless.

(0:11-0:20)

        "Oppa, you're amazing!" I exclaim and he blushes slightly. "Nah. I'm pretty bad actually," He says, waving it off and I frown slightly. "Oh stop being modest hyung. You're a great singer," Chanyeol says and Baekhyun smiles slightly, but I can tell he's trying to hide it. "Thanks, I guess." It's quiet for a few minutes after that and I shift uncomfortably. I hate awkward silences. More than anything. "Um, so what about you Mari? Do you sing?" Baekhyun asks, clearing his throat and I shrug. "I sing, sure, but I'm no good at it. Doing it and being good at it are two completely different things," I chuckle and Baekhyun shakes his head. "Come on I bet you're amazing! I sang for you!" He gives me his best puppy dog eyes and I sigh. "Oh, I don't know." "Please! I wanna hear you now!" Chanyeol joins in on the puppy eyes and I groan. "Alright alright! I'll do it! Just quit it with the puppy dog eyes," I say and they grin at me. I get up and cross the room, grabbing the guitar that's placed in the back. "Just warning you, your ears might bleed," I say and they roll their eyes, scoffing.

        I finish somewhat awardly and cough slightly as they stare at me. Well, more like gape. "What? Was I that bad?" I joke and Chanyeol is the first to snap out of it. "No! No you were amazing!" He says, well, screams, then blushes as he realizes how loud he was. "How can you say you're an awful singer? That was incredible!" Baekhyun says and I smile softly. "Thanks, but I'm no where near as good as you oppa," I say and he frowns. "No, you're better," He nods and I shake my head. "No I'm-" "Let's not argue!" Chanyeol says, glancing nervously at Baekhyun who is clenching his fists. Hmm, interesting. He realizes what he's doing and quickly stops, looking down at the floor. I hear the floor boards creek and spin around to see Luhan standing in the doorway. He jumps slightly when I wave and blushes, looking down at the ground. "U-um, I h-heard singing s-so I c-came to s-see who i-it was," He stutters and I smile. "It's ok oppa. You can come in if you'd like," I say softly, taking a slow step forward, but that causes him to start violently shaking. "N-no it's f-fine! I b-better g-go find S-sehunnie!" He says, before scurrying off. I sigh and plop down beside Chanyeol. "Was it something I said?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, Luhan and Sehun are always like that. Never trusting anyone but each other. It's hard enough to get them to even eat dinner with us," He says and I nod. "I'll have to work with them," I say and Baekhyun snorts. "Good luck trying to get within 5 feet of them to ask them, only to be rejected," He says and I narrow my eyes at him. "Watch me," I say and he laughs. 

        "As fun as this was, I think I better go now, before my mood changes," He says bitterly and I frown. "Ok. It was really fun hanging out with you," I say as he walks to the door. "Yeah you too." "Oh and Baekhyun oppa!" I call, causing him to stop and turn around. "Yeah?" "The offer to help with your, problem, still stands. You know where to find me," I say, smiling warmly at him and he sends a small one back. "I'll think about it," He says, before turning and rushing out. "Ok, so now who's next?" Chanyeol asks and I shrug. "I don't know. Whoever we run into I guess," I shrug, holding my hand out to him as he stands up. He rolls his eyes and grasps my hand in his, pulling me to my feet. I don't think he know's his own strength though, because I flew up and slammed into his chest, causing us both to fall to the ground, me on top of him. "I can come back if this is a bad time," I hear someone say and I snap my head up to see a smirking Kai standing in the doorway. "N-no! It's not w-what it looks like!" I exclaim, jumping up, blushing, I look at the ground. "Yeah, sure," Kai says and I glare at the ground as he laughs. Suddenly, it stops and it's quiet in the room. I look up to see Kai staring at the floor, before his eyes tear up and he starts to cry. It's quiet at first, but then they become loud, hiccups and sobs. "Oppa! What's wrong?" I ask, rushing over to him, Chanyeol following suit, looking very confused. I guess Kai doesn't cry much.

        "N-nothing!" He sobs and I frown. "Oppa, you can tell me-" I start to say, reaching out to place my hand on his arm, but he pulls away, no longer crying. "Why would I tell you anything? You're just a stupid girl. God you're so annoying! Trying to help everyone when you can't even help yourself! Do us all a favor and stay the hell out of our lives," He growls, before stomping away. I stand still in place, my mouth hanging open. My hands start to shake and my vision blurs. As soon as the first tear falls, Chanyeol is in front of me, a panicked expression on his face. "No! No don't cry! Please don't! Don't listen to Jongin! He's a jerk sometimes, but he doesn't mean it. It's just his disorder! We don't want you to stay away! I promise!" He rambles, but I don't wanna hear it. I push past him and run upstairs, bursting into the first room I find. I look up, gasping as I notice that it's not empty. Kris, who is sitting against the wall, glances up as I walk in, cocking his head to the side in confusion. He's probably wondering why I'm in his room. Or why I'm crying. I hear a small cough and turn to see a lump on the bed. The lump moves and the blankets fall slightly to show Tao. "M-mian haeyo," I stutter, still crying as I bow and turn to leave. "No! Stay!" Someone wheezes and I freeze, before slowly turning around to face Tao. 

        "What's wrong?" He coughs and I shake my head. "I d-don't want to bother y-you with my problems," I say and he smiles. "It's fine. Please tell me?" He asks and I bite my lip, glancing at Kris who is also staring at me, but doesn't look very interested, just slightly concerned. "It's stupid really. K-kai oppa just got mad. T-that's all," I say, forcing a small laugh to try and brush over the topic. Tao nods in understanding. "Oh. Yeah. He can be cruel sometimes, but he never means any of it. I'm sure whatever he said isn't true," Tao says and I smile hesitantly at him. "Well, I'm sorry for bothering you. You probably think I'm a freak or something," I laugh slightly and he shakes his head. "No not at all. I enjoy the company. The other boys don't come in often. It's usually just Kris and me," He says and my mood dampens even more. Poor boy, he's constantly sick and no one comes to keep him company besides a boy he can't even talk to. I might as well help them since I'm here. "Well, I could help you guys, if you'd like," I say sonly and Tao smiles, nodding. "I'd love for you to help, but I'm not sure what all you can do for me," He chuckles humorlessly and I shake my head, wiping my still wet cheeks. "Something can always be done," I say and Tao smiles warmly. "Alright. Let's go."