^39^

Pov - Author's

Eric sat hopelessly, his leg vibrating up and down in an unsane pattern. His mind wondering around as well as his eyes, spotting people with different small desserts, talking and sipping drinks. The many colors and smells ghosting his nose making him want them, but deciding against it.

It was 4:34. Four minutes over the time Juyeon and him had decided on meeting. This only made the younger anxious as he looked at the door and then to his watch.

I mean he didn't have any other plans, but finally getting to see someone he likes made him bubble. Wanting to drown from the "constant" stares he thought he was getting, but in reality nobody cared enough to look at him.

What was Juyeon doing? Did he forget? Was he walking right now? Or was he taking a car... or maybe a bus? Or... or... or.

Eric's mind was caught up in the most ridiculous thoughts, but he couldn't help it.

He looked up once more and relief spread through him as he watched Juyeon take his time walking into the small cafe. The small smile on his face lighting up a bit more as he looked at the small boy in the corner.

No coffee or treats on the table, just him and it was kind of lonely looking. Without anymore thinking Juyeon strode to the counter, quickly buying them both drinks and a delicious something to share.

Both boys were nervous, extremely nervous would be a better way to put it. And soon they sat across from each other, Eric taking the straw of his drink into his mouth and sucking on it. A Vanilla Macchiato flowing through and making its way down his throat.

The older just blankly stared kind of hoping the other would say something, but he didn't. Both of them just sat in silence for a minute or two, but it was neither comfortable or uncomfortable, it was just strange. Juyeon blew onto his white chocolate mocha, licking off the creme that got onto his upper lip.

Eric couldn't help, but giggle at the act. Swooning over the littlest thing that the man did, maybe him being away for so long made him this way, thinking that everything he did was amazing.

At the giggle, the man just smiled tiredly. Did he want this to be over? Of course, not. He wanted to trust the younger and he wanted to listen, give the boy the chance to explain before he really leaves. Or at least not leave but ghost him.

It wasn't the greatest move, but he needed time to think and get advice from others. Not from their friend group, cause they wouldn't have done all that good of a job, mostly speaking Kevin and Hyunjae. He had the time to get into the right headspace now he just needs to listen.

Take things slow and think before you reply, Juyeon repeated over and over in his head.

He didn't want to mess up, he couldn't mess up.

"Eric, what happened?"

The younger went silent at the question, he knew he had to talk about it sometime, but it came quick and he had to think fast without lying. He popped off the straw he was sucking and started to talk.

"Sunwoo and I went to a club..." he was talking slowly really trying to remember all that he could, but it was hard to. Even after a week there was patches he couldn't quite uncover and it frustrated him. "...we got drunk, we danced and laughed. We we're just having fun, but"

And that's when the boy stopped. His hands on his thighs as he bit his bottom lip. His body clamped up and everything was feeling hot, even the bare skin that was showing outside of his t-shirt.

"But?" Juyeon's soft voice brought him back. He didn't sound forcing, but it was and he was fine with it.

"B-but, next thing I know we kissed. A-and then there was a r-room and eveything was spinning" he swallowed trying to get over his stuttering as he looked down at his now half empty drink. "We woke up naked next to each other"

Juyeon could tell that Eric must have regretted it from the sadness of his voice and the obvious shame that was coming up behind him. This overflowing feeling of remorse and calmness went over him. He was glad, but disappointed at the same time.

Finally after a week of driving himself and probably his friends insane he knew the truth. Of course, he wouldn't just run to Eric and start anew again, but at least he knew.

"Thank you for telling me, but can I ask you some questions?"

Everything felt like an interrogation to Eric, the way Juyeon phrased the questions and how he spoke. The peace of his face going noticed as he didn't show much emotion. Almost as if he was dead inside, but okay with it. It scared the boy, did he hurt his ex that bad?

Yes, he did.

But he just nodded, fiddling with the holes in his jeans, sticking his hands in and out. Finding comfort in the little bit of distractions he could find.

"Are you two both absolutely, 100% sure that you guys had sex?" Stupid question really, but maybe it could explain some things to him that he was having a hard time piecing together.

Eric finally looked up with his eyebrows slanted in confusion. Well, they sure thought they both did, but neither could remember crap from that. Maybe they didn't? But then why were they naked and in the same bed together? That didn't make any sense.

"I'm pretty sure... why?"

Juyeon couldn't help but chuckle at the unsure answer, "I remember you did tell me that you were going out with a friend, but the next day you weren't limping"

"What does that have anyth-"

"After we do it, your limping and sore the next day"

Eric blushed as he thought back to all the times they did it, off camera and on camera. And yes, he was always sore after, sometimes lasting more than two days. Then he thought to when he left Sunwoo that morning. He had an obvious headache for reasons, but he wasn't sore and he didn't feel any different.

His face suddenly brightened at how smart his ex was. "We didn't do anything! We didn't have sex!" He yelled jumping out of his seat, earning lots of attention from the other customers in the cafe.

Bowing, he apologized while sitting back down. His body leaned forward as he smiled widely at Juyeon, "Hey, guess what"

Juyeon played along and leaned forward, like they we're sharing a secret between them two. "What?" He asked with sarcastic enthusiasm laced in his tone.

"I didn't have sex with Sunwoo, which also means I didn't cheat on you" They both felt relieved, maybe Juyeon did get worked up over nothing, but that still left one question from the younger. "Why was I naked though?"

"Oh, right. One time when I let you drink, you started whining about how hot you were getting. Next thing I knew, I had to take care of a drunk, naked Eric. Great fun~" Juyeon snickered remembering everything that happened that eventful night. "That's probably what happened"

Then it went silent, the fun being over and the seriousness coming back. "We have to tell them"

"I know..." Eric replied, he could only guess how happy the other couple would feel from the news. "Juyeon, what are we?"

What we're they? They had been up and down, feelings caught in the mix. Crushing and deflating all over again and it couldn't get worse, but it did. How would their relationship survive again, if it could go up in flames any moment.

"Well, if we ever did start dating again, we'd have to be careful. No more stupid pranks that could really hurt the both of us and I really want honesty"

Eric really jumped on that last one, "I can be honest, I promise!"

Juyeon drank the rest of his coffee as he got out of his seat. The sound of the chair screeching going off as he pushed it back in. He walked over to the younger and scanned his hands through the tassels. "Maybe, next time, okay?"

Eric pouted, but understood where he was coming from. Feeling like he was gonna cry as he watched Juyeon exit the cafe with a sad epression on his face. And he couldn't take it anymore. He needed that man in his life and he would do anything to get him back.

"Juyeon, wait!"

●●●
I realized how long it was since I last wrote for this book, my bad! At least a proper chapter, so I have a surprise for you guys :D